Short Term Trading Week Starting: 20 November, page-217

1. 1,883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    Hello.

I don't want to unnecessarily involve the rest of the STT in a discussion that is the narrow focus of a few. Perhaps a question about motive will suffice:

What do I gain if I ask another poster to clarify comments, substantiate claims, or to post in a way which respects the general themes that seem to be present on these threads?

And conversely...

You see, if I'm on the outside looking in... If I don't hold a stock then I can be quite free to think about it as I please. It's only when I hold a stock that my vision gets clouded. And that cloudiness tends to make me want that share to do things that it may never do (which is usually to appreciate in value).. and a step beyond that.. I start to try involve others in my quest by saying certain things which I hope will remind them that they too should be a part of what I am attempting.

We all have biases, and I understand it's nearly impossible to post without bias. But here's a scenario which happens often, which I would like to think we can avoid if we keep some of that bias in check:

Let's pretend that, because of circumstances beyond anyone's control a certain stock that has been heavily promoted completely tanks. Endless trading halts, suspensions, then liquidation etc. It's gone, gone. What then? Do we round up those people who spruiked it, and put them in the fire? Well. We yell and scream and shout for a bit. But it's no use. The spruikers are long gone. Hands washed, sandals shaken. The monies gone, along with the empty promises and excuses. And left behind is a broken mess of people saying "But you said...!" and "We were lead to believe...!" and "I.. trusted.. you". A nasty mess, with nasty results (and we all know a recent example of that).

It may be blatant idealism, but my hope is, together, we can make the STT a bit of a haven from that scenario. Where civilised discussions are had, balanced responses given, evidence is produced, and courtesies are maintained. Where we work together to win.

And I think we are all doing pretty well at that.

@$tockfella please stick around. We'll have you. The other threads are a nightmare. It's safer here.

PS Loving all your posts of late Syz. Great analysis and content.
    Last edited by lifeguard22: 22/11/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.