Hey everyone,ive been reading through the lifecycle of a project...

1. 110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hey everyone,

ive been reading through the lifecycle of a project and wanted to confirm im on the right track and if the below is the correct order of a project cycle.
    1. acqusition
    pretty self explanatory company acquires new project which it plans on drilling

2. geological work
    basically company will do surveys such as electromagnetic survey involves soil sampling and magnetic survey looking for anomalies and if positive then company will start to plan a drilling program. (im not too sure if this is done all the time after an acquistion let me know?)

3.drilling
    company will start doing a drilling program whether it be RAB,RC OR diamond drilling

4.Scoping study
    (i still dont quite understand what the point of s SS is) if anyone knows and can explain it will be much appreciated

5.Pre feasibly study
    (again same s SS not too sure exactly what the point of PFS is. ive read about it but still confused

6.DFS
    most details part of a feasiblity study where it determines whether or not to proceed with a project

and finally
    7.BFS
    essentially used to convince financial institutions banks, hedge funds etc that the project is mineable and will be profitable and basically builds a case for the institution to invest in the project

let me know if im on the right track and again any help will be much appreciated

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.