FWIW here's my DTZ research. Two things which are stopping me...

1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    FWIW here's my DTZ research.

Two things which are stopping me buying into it:
    - High rate of cash burn - I haven't seen a quarterly yet but they have to fund their Joint Graphene Quantum Dot Centre to the tune of $2 million per year. Add on their own company costs and their 6 million dollars they listed in their prospectus might not go far. Although to be fair any CR would be next year at the earliest
    - No figures regarding how much they expect to make from their quantum dots - Does anyone know? I saw a figure of 2-2.5 million$/kg bandied around on the forum but from what I can tell this is for the high quantum yield stuff which they won't be producing for a while. So how much will they get for the low yield stuff? Google wasn't very helpful either...

SOI 110 million
    SP 0.335
    MC 37 million
    EV 31 million

Founders and management hold 33%
    45% free float (~49 million shares)
    66 million performance milestones:
    - 22 mill - Dotz producing and distributing 20kg of GQD through formal off-take agreements or commercial samples with a 3rd party within 18 months
    - 22 mill - Dotz producing and distributing 50kg of GQD through formal off-take agreements or commercial samples with a 3rd party within 30 months
    - 22 mill - Dotz producing and distributing 100kg of GQD through formal off-take agreements or commercial samples with a 3rd party within 48 months

To get the technology from Rice University DTZ has to:
    • Pay 4% royalty on gross sales of products
    • Pay 25% of any cash or non-cash consideration received as consideration under a sub-license
    • Minimal annual royalties as follows: 2017 (50k), 2018 (100k), 2019 (100k), 2020 (450k), 2021 and each year thereafter (1 million)
    • Achieve first commercial sale before 6/2017, achieve production of dots of >5kg/month by 1/2018, achieve production of dots of >1000kg/year by 2020
    • DTZ can pay $250,000USD in 2017 for Rice uni to continue research into QGD

Makes graphene quantum dots
    • DTZ can produce QGD from coal instead of graphite. This is cheaper and non-toxic. Can achieve 25% yield from coal instead of 2% from graphite
    • Dotz intends to focus on the low cost/ high volume markets, targeting applications which require low to zero quantum yield. Then focus on high yield applications
    • News: Quantum yield now >65%, adapted for high scale production and suitable for use in TVs. Current QY of other products on the market are 3-60%
    • Currently able to produce ~100g/day or 25kg/year in Israel facilities
    • The Company is currently producing blue, yellow, green and white GQDs, with red GQD’s to come online shortly
    • Involved in a Joint Graphene Quantum Dot Centre with Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore to find additional uses for DTZ dots. COST = 2 MILLION A YEAR for DTZ for 5 years to fund this
    • ???high yield dots are are worth 2.5 million$ per kg ???unsubstantied info from forum. Hard to find actual info on web

Agreements
    • Mainami Boeki Co. - Exclusive distributor Japan. Will also find additional uses for them and market them
    • Strem chemicals – Online reseller near Boston. Non-exclusive. First sales achieved.

Awarded 1.2 million dollar grant (12/2016) for use to fund quality assurance lab and production facilities. It is to help the company build their production facility.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.