I meant that as a solution for travellers trying to stay...

1. 420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I meant that as a solution for travellers trying to stay connected through their mobile devices, NOR has a superior product to ZIP. From what I've read online, their software was very buggy early on. Add to that, poor customer support, and many potential customers have been turned off. Even if all that's been fixed (don't know if it has), it's hard to win back grudging customers.

NOR's World Phone on the other hand, seems to provide far better call quality, and people seem generally happier with the user interface.

True that they started off with their corporate targeted Corona system and now they're diversifying with something for the consumer market - I don't see it as a bad thing at all. If you can use similar technology and increase the number of income streams you have, why not? Also there's the potential for one product to create awareness of the other.

That said, I personally think FRX is in a better position to dominate the market for this particular type of smartphone app/service.

- The Flexiroam brand is far better established, and their main target consumers and all those they're advertising to are already aware of them.
    - Strategic partnerships with Air Asia.
    - Experience with and knowledge of the market and demographic they're targeting (trends, behaviour, etc.)
    - More thought has gone into the *look* of the app and how it carries the character of their brand. Red theme (also used by Air Asia) makes any advertising they do to travelers that much more effective. It's harder to forget them.
    - Timing of their app's release just before the peak travel season, and simultaneously releasing it on both iOS and android platforms.
    - General effort and thought being put into marketing as evident in their youtube videos totally outclasses NOR.
    - All reviews of the app so far (in the first couple of days) are positive except a few who had difficulty registering. This may or may not have been a problem with the app and it also means they haven't even used the app. Also, many of the low star ratings are by people who dont understand the rating system as they've written positive comments.

Overall, I like NOR. They have a good product. They just don't seem to have as good a marketing approach as FRX. When someone else offers the same thing as you for the same price (or less) and makes it LOOK more attractive than your product, you're guaranteed to lose.

Time will tell. But I'm predicting that in at most 6 month's time, Flexiroam is going to outrank World Phone in app downloads and no. of users.

People will be getting out of NOR and buying into FRX - I mean both users AND shareholders.

At current SP:
    FRX MC $38m,
    NOR MC $89m.

FRX is worth more than NOR just on potential IMO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.