Mouse I think uranium is a little different to most resources....

1. 281 Posts.
    Mouse I think uranium is a little different to most resources. Nuclear energy companies are willing to pay a premium to spot to lock in long term contracts. Sometimes around 10 years. This is because reactors cannot be easily switched on and off so an assured supply is vital to ongoing operation.

Also I've found out the fuel cost (of uranium) only makes up around 5-10% of a reactors' total costs so paying more than spot is not a huge blow to a reactors' bottom line. Also prices can reach above $100/pound so locking in a price during a bear phase is good long term. Nuclear energy companies would have a very long time frame in mind with reactors lasting upwards of 30 years. 2017 should be an interesting year for U308 with a lot of contracts from 2007 ending.

Also in favour of a turn around is the fact of big suppliers like Cameco and Paladin laying off workers and putting projects on care and maintenance. As current prices do not make projects profitable. Should create an under supply in the future. Interesting to see Sprott jump into DYL as they were early investors in PDN before the previous U308 bull run.

I think PDN has been selling over the last year at around 30 something dollars a pound.

Sorry I don't have links for this stuff as it's just tid bits picked up from various corners of the internet over the last 6 months. Hopefully you find some interest in this.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.