short term trading - week starting 25 feb, page-96

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5566
    Don't often put a "special note" to watch a Stock closely but I will for CTP today...

Something big about to happen here I suspect... It seems on Wednesday we had a "Undisclosed buy order" at 14.5c for at least $500k put on the stock... Which was the trigger for the initial price move to 16c (new ST High) by COB in Wednesday. There is some "speculation" on various forums that the order is "many many" multiples of that size... I cannot confirm this one way or the other however. If this is the case then the following scenarios immediately come to mind:-

1. CP or GR, AF or another equally well backed private investor/ Syndicate wants in
    2. A major in Oil/Gas is making a move on CTP ...
    3. Insto' buying on behalf of an unknown entity(s)
    4. Insto's taking large position for themselves
    5. A Competitor wants either a large slice of the apple or all of it.
    6. Perhaps some wants a position on the board and is filling up to get the seat.

Either way we should see a 3b shortly outlining who the mover and shaker is ..

I think its unlikely to be CP , but GR has recently taken in a major stake in Lakes Oil which is JV'ed with competitor Armour Energy so GR is taking an interest in the sector.

What there is no doubt about is that the Shale Gas Sector in Australia is getting very hot indeed. Seems instead of jostling for position in the sector the larger players are starting to shove each other out of the way. I cite the recent Beach petroleum deal as yet another example of the "Aussie Shale Oil/Gas Rush" that has started.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.