Short Term Trading Week Starting: 25 Jan, page-122

1. 2,845 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2411
    STTCOMP BIT FA Long
    MC: 55.4m
    SOI: 700m
    Cash: 6.2m (October)

Tipped Biotron several times last year and it got up twice. On the last occasion in November it didn't, as the catalyst I was using, the outstanding COVID trial results did not arrive before years end as expected. They still havn't arrived, which of course raises the question, why not?

In my batty mind, I'm convinced that the delay is a good thing, that is, they are onto something. I believe this because I'm aware of the success they had with first working with SARS, and how this then translated to HIV. As the specific SARS2 proteins they are working with now - viroporins - are almost identical to their precursors in SARS, I'm confident that they will be able to apply the technology accordingly.

If this proves to be the case, then BIT is very likely to go parabolic. This is because they are working towards making an antiviral against COVID, based on technology that is kicking goals with HIV particularly, but it also demonstrated efficacy against SARS1 back in 2003, before that program was dropped when SARS was contained.

In the last 12 months, numerous international researchers have identified the same area of expertise that Biotron specializes in, although no such recognition has been awarded, as Biotron's name is not specifically labelled on that research, which if it was, the market would be more aware. Rather, Biotron's researchers are named specifically in just about every publication these days regarding any COVID research around the E protein.

Biotron's speciality, viroporins, are small molecules within certain viruses that perform ion channeling, a process where electrons pass from virus to host and are a central part of the virus reproductive process, that is, where the virus replicates within hosts. Biotron were actually the first researchers to identify this process within SARS, and specifically identified that the E Protein, one of the four essential molecules within all corona viruses, was responsible for ion channeling. They even managed to inhibit this ion channeling by using a common compound, Hexamethylene amiloride, and since then have developed a library of compounds to fight viruses using viroporins. BIT225 is so far their most advanced for fighting HIV, which is very likely to reach new heights this year, if their new high flying employees are anything to go by.

For those following the COVID science closely, you'll know how significant a breakthrough in any cure will be. Having an antiviral or any successful drug will be a godsend, and as a speculative trader, this potential sits well with me.

I can link you to many research papers in the last year that indicate that viroporins should be a useful target for drug development. I can inform you that Biotron are the most advanced in this area globally. But no body knows it, except us!

Here is a link to an interesting video on the topic, compliments of @Wonderous
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/50505310/single

Here is a link to a very recent research paper. Scroll down to section 2.3.2 E protein. (If you follow the citations, you'll end up back at Biotron, via Wilson, McKinlay. Gage etc)
    SARS‐CoV‐2, the pandemic coronavirus: Molecular and structural insights

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2850/2850002-751a99c4ef48cb1e6bfaf8099ebbee6f.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.