Anyway dragging the question of thread last week into the...

1. 17,317 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Anyway dragging the question of thread last week into the conversation by
    HC Trader

So a stock is trading

Buy .002 - Sell. .003

you put in a buy @ .003

goes through .0025

what reason/s could/would this possibly happen

I find it bizarre tbh

Look forward to the reply’s

thanks

Could be a seller on Cboe if you don't have Cboe data you may not see the seller waiting at .0025. ?

So they can sell in increments, whereas we can’t
    right

I was not aware they could

thanks

It's normally a cross trade (XT), a trade between ASX participants, retail are not participants. You can be, just front up with the right money and join.

From memory $5M is the base level needed to join - is this correct?

Cheers

V

There was a seller waiting at .0025, being a centrepoint trade. Centrepoints are "dark", that is they don't show on market depth. Neither buyers nor sellers know who's around. It can be a great way to pick up cheaper stock, but, you are bidding blind.

So sometimes the match between a buyer and seller if not matched on the same broker platform etc ? Like cross trade .

It will show up slower on your platform also perhaps once sold sometimes the data is fast sometimes its slow .

What Minoils pointing out is you think you have a match in the depth your trade should match that an reflect it an you get filled with one trade .

Then you look an go wtf their is like five different buys on your sell that were not in the depth showing .

Its half full or its half empty then you get an average price you sold for which can be different at the centre point etc etc

Anyway the market has that many new rules all the time its my one hit song for last week .

Thanks for the question Hc trader as i have no answer only thoughts as i often want my fill when i make the decision buy sell mostly the high speed trades are secondary to the thinking but rather part of it now and i a cant make it change only try every so often send the bots mad

I bet Ammie is going go why didn't i think of this song while putting ten bucks in the galant instead of filling it at an average price ?

The market can stay more irrational than the average monkey .

It has to have a sex ?

Anyway if new to the thread or old to the thread questions never stop an need answers also .

Join in the weekend thread throw a tip in as is the crux of the thread an don't forget the stt knowledge libraries as they are wealth of information  to new or old fogies in the market .

Post #:75365377 link to the diaries .

Stt thread privilege song .

If you have a question or topic don't for get post it for Kangagirl the weekend can be the place share some good insights for everyone no matter how bizzare !

Did you know spell check is wrong on bizzare ?

Question can be like that also an has us all aware to new things or old things we need rediscover .

This ones for you
    Kangagirl

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.