Hi @golden6 I had not seen it before either. I took it to mean...

1. 7,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Hi @golden6
    I had not seen it before either. I took it to mean that if you sell your shares in order to buy them back cheaper in the SPP, then they would take this into account when distributing the new shares.
    Just read your opinion on stop losses. Everything I have read in the books recommends the use of stop losses at all times as part of risk management . Unfortunately my latest parcel of LTR got hit at 1.70 and I ended up buying back at 1.84, severely affecting my overall average. That parcel was bought at 1.90 just a couple of days beforehand and it has cost me over a grand in profit. Although small bikkies to you guys am pretty gutted over it and am angry with myself for playing it all wrong. Now with LTR I find it hard to imagine that the price would drop below 1.65 at any time in the future so am not using a stop here as my average is still below that level. I do have some cash so may take the opportunity to top up if it does drop.
    I have been stuck in PSL and MAG for up to years due to my prior lack of stop losses and that is the reason I began using them this year. Am thinking that maybe the authors of these books are concentrating more on the larger caps rather than the specs. There is also the fact that specs run on news and it is nothing for a stock to drop 50% overnight in which case a stop loss would be useless.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.