short term trading - week starting 2nd sept

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    Weekly Fundamental and Technical Analysis Prospects - Week Starting 2nd Sept 2013 (No. 81)

Here’s this week’s FA and TA List. The newer items first and those carried forward from last week towards back of list (some of the items from last week have a time horizon of more that one week).
    All listed market caps are undiluted (and do not include escrowed shares) (Note: Max time for any entry on list will be 4 weeks after which time it will be removed).

Important Note: Remember just because it appears on the list does not necessarily mean it will rise in price... it may actually fall or do nothing. So it is critical that you perform detailed research on each stock first and make your own mind up to whether invest or not. I suggest you run a stop-loss at all times when trading/investing. How tight your stops are depends on your threshold to risk and financial pain. Lastly I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided as I do not have the time to research all the facts that have been provided. Best of Luck.!

Weekly Fundamental Analysis Prospects
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NKP - Platnium in South Africa,
    2/09/2013

Nkwe Platinum Limited (NKP) is a platinum-group minerals exploration and development company focusing on the Bushveld Complex in South Africa. NKP currently aims at development of its flagship project, Garatau/Tubaste Projects, in the Eastern Limb of the Bushveld Complex and has formed a strategic partnership with Zijin Mining Group(market value 10 Billion)in respect of the development of Nkwe South African PGM assets, and in particular the flagship Garatau Mining Project. As part of the Strategic Partnership, Zijin, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Jin Jiang Mining Limited (“ Jin Jiang), will invest AUD $20 million in Nkwe by a placement of 3 year convertible bonds Completion of the Transaction is subject to satisfaction of a number of Conditions which all except one have been met so far. 20 million oz PGM worth $30 Billion. 52 Week High:$0.165, 52 Week Low: $0.04, Mkt. Cap: $47,704,328 Issue: 596,304,099
    Spotted by: Stefan41
    (Mcap:$35.8m)

Click Here for originating post

AVB - Copper/Gold company in Brazil. ,
    30/08/2013

With a:RESOURCE INVENTORY?? JORC Reported Mineral Resources for Stage I & II now stand at:67.94Mt at 1.22% Copper, 0.32g/t Gold for 828,000 tonnes of contained Copper and 700,000oz of Gold?? Stage I and II combined Copper Equivalent11 has increased to: 965,000 tonnes of contained Copper at 1.42% Currently AVB is waiting on a major finance ANN which is expected in this QTR "The Company has agreed terms for a US$58m of debt finance with Banco Votorantim S.A. (Banco Votorantim) for the development of the Antas North Copper Mine (Stage1). This facility represents up to 80% of the capital requirements for Stage I. Offers of funding for the Stage I (US$12m) shortfall are being shortlisted and subject to completion of due-diligence a financing decision is expected to emerge during the current quarter."Avanco is pursuing funding for the minimum US$12m loan equity component by targeting transactions where Stage I will be fully financed with limited dilution to shareholders. Several Term Sheets inclusive of Metal and Royalty Streaming options are being examined. Access to this US$58m debt facility will now provide a much greater degree of confidence to prospective investors."With finance due in coming weeks, I'm expecting a SP rise upon completion. AVB currently has a MC of around $98 million and cash in hand of around $3.7m
    Spotted by: Bcsiles
    (Mcap:$95.8m)

CEL - Shale gas South Africa.,
    2/09/2013

CEL has a massive project awaiting exploration approval from a positive government after the fracking ban was lifted last year. A recent placement raised a million dollars via a select group of current holders. Since then the SP has recovered well, hitting ten cents on Friday. Demand is expected to continue for this junior as the market sees the huge potential unfolding here. SA is short of gas and this is the best and largest parcel , by far, held by any junior. the ground is proven, the estimates are huge. I lost faith with former management over failed US plans but that is now history. It is another early tip but a return to thirteen cents is possible short term. Check out the latest preso, it is very good.
    Spotted by: J8
    (Mcap:$27.7m)

IBG - Zinc/lead in Greenland
    Gold in NSW,
    2/09/2013

Ironbark Zinc is 100% owner of the Citronen zinc/lead project in Northern Greenland. Contains one of the world’s largest undeveloped zinc deposits, currently 71 million tonnes at 5.7% zinc. Mineralisation remains open in all directions, current resource could be quadrupled. The massive project has attracted major investors Glencore Xstrata, and Nyrstar. China Nonferrous has executed an MOU to build and majority fund the process plant. If you are bullish on zinc or lead this is the stock to be in. $2.2 million cash
    Spotted by: Fibonarchery©
    (Mcap:$22m)

CGU - Gold in Australia/Chile,
    2/09/2013

Has 5% interest in GSR which owns a gold satellite mining and ore treatment operation. Plant just got refurbished and production starts September, directors getting payed in shares. gold contains of up to 454g/t. 25% of the profit goes to CGU, early profit for a non diluted company. Low shares on offer....only 54 million MC of 1.8 million
    Spotted by: Hedrox
    (Mcap:$1.6m)

WOF - Oil in Mongolia,
    2/09/2013

Short term drivers has the largest exploration acreage in one of the worlds newest oil frontier Mongolia. Under explored and rapidly growing, with a proven and producing oil system. Wolf has more than 18 million acres of petroleum exploration acreage. Petroleum blocks are located proximal to multi-billion barrel oil fields in Mongolia operated by Petrochina. Management team is class took Hunnu Coal from its IPO @ 20c to 18 months later a takeover at $1.80.THATS A 800% GAIN. Completion of 450km 2D Seismic Acquisition a couple of weeks away with results expected late September. Indications of oil have been identified on the surface and from shot holes. The company has already shipped its first batch of samples to the USA and geochemical results are due from NEXT WEEK onwards With the director buying $30,000 worth of shares lately i think someone knows something..Will be pumped soon imo.
    Spotted by: Stefan41
    (Mcap:$6.2m)

BMG - Copper-gold projects in the Republic of Cyprus.,
    2/09/2013

BMG has has recently drilled 12 holes in its Laxia prospect which is part of the Black Pine project which covers 101km2.The first 2 drill holes results were released in late July. The best result was in LMD002 with 4.25 metres at 2.53 % copper (from 30.75 metres). One sample within this interval returned 13.05% copper (31.92 to 32.3m). The best gold assay was 3.58 g/t (LMD001 16.8 to 17.2 m).The next batch of drill results should be released next week which might intersect more copper, gold and maybe nickel. Currently only 0.007. MC of 4.5 million and has 2.35 million in cash.
    Spotted by: Riggers44
    (Mcap:$4.4m)

CXO - Silver in NT,
    2/09/2013

CXO has has a commanding ground position of granted leases in the Eastern Arunta region of the Northern Territory. Drilling and exploration currently underway at Bluey's and Inkhear silver Prospects where initial silver in soil geochem results have been outstanding with the best results being 19,552 ppb silver. When you compare those with IVR which has been the benchmark silver play on the ASX for the last year where their best silver in soil values have been 500ppb then you get an idea of the potential of CXO's ground which is also prospective for Cu +Au +Zn +Ni. The other good thing is that one average result won't in my opinion see a sell off because there are so many other prospects and targets to drill. If CXO can come up with some decent Ag and Cu or Ni grades then it's previous 12 month high will be IMHO breached rather quickly. A SP of 20c would still only see CXO with an MC of about $17M which is still a long way short of IVR's current MC of $63M
    Spotted by: John435©
    (Mcap:$2.3m)

WPG - IOCG, nickel sulphides and coal in SA,
    30/08/2013

Strategic land at Port Pirie for commodity storage and export3.6cWPG is unique because it is the only stock on the ASX with universally well-respected management, with a proven track record of developing mineral projects, yet still remains well under cash backing.(PNL was another that I was aware of but has since been re-rated to slightly above cash backing, last time I checked)There are dozens of stocks trading under cash, but most of these are valued as they are because the market believes management is going to squander the money.WPG management have a history of generating real value for shareholders - see the chart - the big rise from 5c as management developed a world class project, and the big drop when they sold it for $320 million and returned the cash to shareholders: T his is the project I think may be their next success: Exploration has commenced at WPG's IOCG targets in the Gawler Craton in South Australia. The areas are also prospective for nickel sulphides and DSO haematite. Projects are also being reviewed for acquisition. The land at Port Pirie is probably worth WPG's $8.7 million market cap alone. Cash $10.95 million.
    (Mcap:$9.4m)

RTD - Oil and gas explorer - US (North Slope of Alaska),
    30/08/2013

Material acreage (agreement to earn up to 42,380 acres) position in one of the largest oil regions in the US Acreage surrounded by oil and gas Super Majors. Key players in the region include Big Oil Super Majors such as Shell, ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips and Chevron Asset scale provides leverage for future asset monetization – e.g farm-out to fund exploration activities Independent resource report highlights potential value of RTD s assets. NSAI has estimated that RTD s Western and Central blocks could hold best estimate/mid case unconventional prospective resources of ~3.8bnbbls oil (Oil in Place) and 167mmbbls oil recoverable. This equates to RTD share (75%) of 2.85bnbbls oil (OIP) and 125mmbbls oil recoverable Washington H Soul Pattinson recently became a substantial holder Key Near Term Catalysts- Conventional independent resource report (4Q CY2013).- Surrounding drilling activity (Ongoing).- Farm-out of acreage (Ongoing).- 3D Seismic program (1Q CY2014).- Resource Upgrade (2Q CY214).Downside 2.476bil shares currently on offer with another 371k placement shares – 2.847bil total Quoted options – 1.322mil + unquoted 1.103mil – 2.426mil
    Spotted by: Tobyjack
    (Mcap:$11.3m)

ARX - Indonesian and PNG Copper Porphyry explorer,
    30/08/2013

May have uncovered a large Copper Porphyry target in Indonesia adjacent to IAUs Tujuh Bukit deposit From the Quarterly http://www.arcexploration.com.au/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/1604-10601481/QuarterlyActivitiesReportJune2013"Recent work identified a large high sulphidation epithermal alteration system at Sumber Bening and this was confirmed by TerraSpec analysis of altered outcrops. Other possible high sulphidation systems have since been identified in the project area.These could be linked to porphyry gold copper targets at depth. The potential of the region for major porphyry copper gold deposits is highlighted by the discovery of Tumpangpitu copper gold deposit by Intrepid Mines Limited at Tujuh Bukit, located some 200 km to the east of Trenggalek. Tumpangpitu is in the same belt of rocks hosting the giant Batu Hijau and Elang porphyry copper gold deposits on Sumbawa within the Sunda Banda magmatic arc. Trenggalek contains a similar package of rocks to those hosting these three major porphyry deposits." Bit of a stretch for nearology 200kms but does highlight the potential of the region Should see a nice rerate as drilling nears and if they hit the motherlode who knows what’s possible, but for now tiny EV of $2m near 52 week lows makes this a decent spec punt for me. Dont really like the look of the Aussie projects much though PNG projects seem pretty prospective too but not much info on them $3m in cash and funded for $20m in Indonesia by Anglo American also funded in PNG
    Spotted by: Strauss©
    (Mcap:$4.6m)

PXS - Biotech Australia,
    29/08/2013

On 30 June 2013,Cash on hand $63mResearch government Grant receivable $5mNovaQuest receivable when US trial in early 2014- $22m (US$20m)Total cash equivalent - $90m.Current market cap $42m.Any good news can spike a big gain.
    Spotted by: Accaeric
    (Mcap:$40.1m)

LRS - Iron sands in Peru ,
    29/08/2013

Has been completely unloved at 7c and is trading at all time lows. Options expired previously worthless Tonight’s news was that someone has subscribed for $60,000 of short dated options that were offered to old option holders by paying 1c per option , but with an exercise price at 20c short dated .This seems nothing on the surface but in my view it is a significant example of where there is smoke there is fire . I sense this news indicates something might be happening on the Guado JV they had previously flagged they hoped to start production at in 18-24 months when the stock was 40c LRS do have a JORC resource on this project that is 6% heavy metals , of which around 25% is Magnetite and 25% Andusalite and it is massive in size in a zone where labour is cheap. Andusalite has quite a high value per tonne and this looks as though it is the biggest resource in the world. My forecast with simple maths at the 15m tonnes per annum equates to a mine life of 300 years and around $130m income per annum from the andusalite alone , on that number you could expect at least 30m profit per annum .The stock is 7c because they have had the resource for a while now but no money to fund the infrastructure , and people lost interest and sold it down thinking the JV would never eventuate
    Spotted by: Firsova
    (Mcap:$15m)

MOU - Mongolian Coal explorer,
    28/08/2013

Almost Half a Billion Tonnes JORC resource with the bulk in the highest confidence level of Measured so ready to go Mining Licenses recently granted so getting ready to mine Rail line within 6kms so transport infrastructure not a problem" Nuurst is 6 km from existing rail infrastructure allowing direct access onto the existing Trans-Mongolian Railway line providing low cost access to the key thermal coal export markets in China."Power lines within 6kms too so power not a problem. The only box that remains un ticked is the funding/offtake box but it looks like they are working on a plan to start up with the sale of coal briquettes to the Government and even this small operation could generate around $25M per annum in PROFITS by my rough calculations. The funding/off take with the Government will be a big catalyst for a rerating but given how far along the company has come I’m surprised they haven been rerated a little higher already. The wild card is the MOU's Nuurst project surrounds Coal Giant Peabodys permit
    (Mcap:$6.8m)

KGL - Copper/silver/gold/lead/ zinc in Northern Territory,
    28/08/2013

Price has come down from $2.00 in 2011 and $1.46 in 2012. Some big buying at market today that wiped out the last few big sellers at around 9c.A big 20,000m reverse core and diamond drilling program at Jervois starts in 5 days. Not interested in the gold - although there is quite a bit there - more so the copper & silver. Jervois already has an inferred 13.5 million tonnes of ore at 1.3% copper and 26 g/t silver - 170,000 tonnes of copper and 11.6 million ounces of silver, worth $1.8 billion once its out of the ground. Throw in 69,000 ounces of gold, 26,000 tonnes of lead, and the 22,000 tonnes of zinc. All that is from the known ore-bodies... the drilling is aiming for apparent extensions indicated by chargeability and conductivity anomalies. Project will likely be too big for KGL to develop themselves - this is a takeover play if drilling hits another couple of big structures. KGL also own the Murchison gold mine in WA which is on care and maintenance, and 80% of a high grade gold project in Kyrgyz Republic, and a geothermal project in the Solomon Islands in JV with Geodynamics (GDY).$11.3 million cash
    (Mcap:$13.4m)

COI - Oil/Gas Australia,
    28/08/2013

A shortage of gas in Australia and particularly in Queensland highlights the opportunity for Gas producers . COI has JV partnerships with Santos and is closing in on selling gas setting up supply agreements out of the current project Mahato , and progressing the Galilee project A recent cap raise to professional investors saw the stock weaken from .25 to as low as 18c but buying in the last few sessions suggests that there is something brewing On a FA basis the assets are very cheap based on other gas producers , and the chairman of COI has been successful in the space before having sold off Sunshine gas for mega bux Happy to suggest COI at 18.5c as having a STT target potential of re tracing back to .25c again in the coming fortnight
    Spotted by: Firsova
    (Mcap:$73.5m)

WKT - Coal and Copper in Botswana /Tanzania Africa. ,
    26/08/2013

WKT is the old NMR, Nimrodel resources, which has close to 7billion tonnes of inferred and indicated coal in Botswana Africa. It is believed to be Africa's largest coal resource that the company between now and Oct 2014 is looking to take to commercial production. FA event due includes update on the process, as well as rail for haulage of coal that govt is currently working on. . FA event 2 due, is the copper drilling at Kigoma copper project in Tanzania. Oxides were reported to be at grades of 25% cu prior to 4000m drilling program. Target area is between 2 x high grade areas with other companies that are around 6km apart. See ASX announcement 20 June 2013. Re capital activities. Company advised around 4-5 months ago that it won't seek capital from the market this year.
    Spotted by: BrookeCE
    (Mcap:$9.4m)

RXL - Zinc/Nickle in WA /NT,
    26/08/2013

Earn in partner, Teck, has just exercised its right to sole fund the next $10m in exploration at the Reward Zinc Project in the NT, to earn a further 19%. This will take their interest to 70%. The company recently passed the $5m in expenditure at the project to take their interest to 51%.On the 5th of August, RXL announced a high grade zinc discovery at the Teena prospect with a 26.4m intersection @ 13.3% Zn + Pb, including 8.0m @ 21.2% Zn + Pb. Although it is a deep discovery at 1,060m depth, the commitment by a major to invest such a significant sum to increase their interest is a strong endorsement of the potential. Significantly, a second hole 200m to the West of the discovery hole has intersected visually similar mineralisation. Results are awaited. A 4,500m drilling program is underway with the likelihood of further drilling success. The second project of interest is the Camelwood nickel project in WA. Whilst the mineralized intersections to date have been quite narrow, the results clearly highlight the potential of the area. Given the mineralization is considered to be similar to that which occurs at Kambalda and these types of accumulations tend to occur in clusters, the prospectively of the project has, in my opinion, been confirmed. The current activities include a data audit and an initial resource estimation. In addition a regional review is underway to identify repeats of the Cammelwood deposit.
    Spotted by: Aksier©
    (Mcap:$28.9m)

PEX - Copper in NSW,
    26/08/2013

Exploration at the company's flagship Mallee Bull project in the Cobar region of NSW has recently begun with the commencement of the phase 4 drilling program. The mineralisation at Mallee Bull produces both magnetic and electromagnetic signals. What excites me is that DHEM survey data from a 2012 hole at the Butchers Dog prospect (located 1km north of Mallee Bull) drilled in the centre of a very large anomaly, has identified a moderate to strong off hole anomaly thought to be located within 200m of the depth of the hole. Peel believes that there is potential that the Butchers Dog anomaly is associated with the mineralisation at Mallee Bull. In addition to the drilling at Mallee Bull, exploration has begun on the company's recently acquired 100% owned Sandy Creek prospect to test geophysical anomalies. Sandy creek was acquired from private interests and is located 20km to the north of the Mallee Bull project. A strong DHEM anomaly has been identified as well as strong geochemical anomalism supported by high grade polymetallic historic drilling results. Subsequent to the quarter, initial exploration of Sandy Creek by Peel utilising a high DHEM survey confirmed the presence of the strong offhole anomaly and this anomaly remains largely untested by drilling. Follow up exploration including drilling is scheduled to commence around now. Results from the company’s drilling programs should start to flow soon which is likely to drive a rapid increase in the market’s interest for Peel Mining.
    (Mcap:$49.4m)

OGY - Oil and gas in the cooper basin.,
    26/08/2013

Orca energy announced Friday 23rd that they along with SXY as the joint venture partner had made a commercial oil discovery in the cooper basin with the Burrunna2 exploration well. Net pay interval of 5.3 meters with oil free flowing to the surface at rate of 750 bpd...strong. Now being tested for permeability. The rest of the cooper is strong and next FA is sure to confirm this also. Important to note this is part of the Murta formation in the southern cooper, which is the newly formed "Fury joint venture" area. Free oil observed and hydro colours noted over gross interval of 14 meters. OGY is 1 of the cooper oilers that haven't yet appeared to have insto attention, like the others such as Senex over the past 2 years. This and further commercial discoveries that may occur from Senex attention could see this as a great free carry. Position held as of yesterday, taken after initial pump and pull back. Looks like a good entry point now if you can get it.
    Spotted by: BrookeCE
    (Mcap:$13.2m)

MSR - Gold Project, Kyrgyz Republic,
    26/08/2013

Cashed up, low cost gold stock yet to double like most of the other good ones. Owns Shambesai, a shallow gold deposit with a JORC of 700000 ounces.2013 BFS shows project to be low-cost, high-margin open pit operation. First gold pour late 2014, Capex very low at $41 million. Payback period quick at 11 months. Cash costs/Opex lowest going around at $387 per ounce. Metallurgy - no problems there with 84.6% recovery using vat and heap leach process. Has other projects, and will be drilling at its 500000 ounce Obdilla prospect, 7km from Shambesai. Has fallen 65% this year, now formed a solid base at 5.5c. $6 million cash
    (Mcap:$15.2m)

MRP - Silver, Zinc, Gold in WA,
    26/08/2013

Macphersons Resources, Predominantly silver, silver is bouncing back quickly. Has been announcing resource upgrade after resource upgrade.
    (Mcap:$47.4m)

MOZ - Coking Coal in Mozambique,
    26/08/2013

Coal in Mozambique around RIV Cygnet Shell play too maybe. Was once capped at over $50m as it chased a coking coal dream of becoming the next Riversdale Coal New Cygnet Director has just joined the board so I’m guessing that a new deal and project maybe coming Tiny tiny market cap so could move up aggressively on any new deal
    (Mcap:$1.1m)

Weekly Technical Analysis Prospects

CEL - Shale gas South Africa.,
    2/09/2013

Already through a cup and handle formation but the longer term chart shows another shallower cup forming. Volume needed.
    Spotted by: J8
    (Mcap:$27.7m)

SWE - Oil/Gas Africa,
    2/09/2013

1. Marubozu close 30/8. 2. Big volume 30/8. 3. No gaps preceding the rise. 4. Tested 50 Day MA (Longest MA that can be used) and bounced. 5. Tested long term resistance and bounced.
    Spotted by: RainMakerFaker
    (Mcap:$14.2m)

UNS - Medical Devices, United States.,
    2/09/2013

UNS broke out of a pennant formation to the upside this week. News on new customer contracts to supply disposable retractable needles is due so I believe the market is signalling that good news is expected. The pennant which the price broke out from had a height of 38.5 cents which when added to the breakout point gives a price target of $1.025. Not too bad when I can apply a stop of $0.54 giving a risk reward ratio of 2.75:1 based on the close today.
    (Mcap:$191.2m)

DML - Copper in Africa,
    31/08/2013

After the big drop, it has stabilise the SP. During the past few days, huge volumes has been traded. On-screen buy-sell ratio is currently 2:1Only need a catalyst i.e good news to spike the sp back up.
    Spotted by: Butzagatep
    (Mcap:$80.4m)

KGL - Copper/silver/gold/lead/ zinc in Northern Territory,
    28/08/2013

Technically looks ready to go: - Price just passed through 34 day weighted moving average - Jump in OBV when they resumed trading in July; buyers grabbed control of the stock straight away and have held sway since- Base formed at 5-6c, now turning up on increased volume- RSI just out of oversold area, moving up and with still plenty of room. $11.3 million cash
    (Mcap:$13.4m)

RXL - Zinc/Nickle in WA /NT,
    26/08/2013

A bullish pennant has been forming with a breakout on a close at or above 5.1 cents. I expect a retest of the breakout level before a sharp move higher. Adding the height of the flag (2.9 cents) to the breakout level of 5.1 cents gives a target of 8.0 cents. I expect a brief pause at 6.1 cents and after that little resistance to my target of 8.0 cents.
    (Mcap:$28.9m)

MRP - Silver, Zinc, Gold in WA,
    26/08/2013

Macphersons Resources, Technically has fallen from 45c in quick time, formed solid base at 13-14c, jump in money flow with RSI gently rising out of oversold area (See Chart in Link)
    (Mcap:$47.4m)

MOD - Gold in NZ and Copper in Botswana,
    26/08/2013

Inverted Head and Shoulders reversal underway4.5/4.6c neckline resistance about to be broken. Nice volume coming in. Drill results due any day. 6c ST target with 7.2/7.3c next target then 11c. Could fly if results are positive. 1.3M buyer on Friday was a smoke signal. Watch this space.
    Spotted by: Timbosivic©
    (Mcap:$25.9m)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to Previous Weeks Lists

No.80: Short Term FA & TA Leads (for week starting: 19th Aug) Click HERE

No.79: Short Term FA & TA Leads (for week starting: 19th Aug) Click HERE

No.78: Short Term FA & TA Leads (for week starting: 12th Aug) Click HERE

No.77: Short Term FA & TA Leads (for week starting: 5th Aug) Click HERE

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.