XAO 2.08% 8,170.4 all ordinaries

Instead of a fight on Saturday night, we ended up with two left...

1. 6,676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1556

Instead of a fight on Saturday night, we ended up with two left footed dancers having a very awkward dance. First date with a kiss on the cheek at the end of it? I think both parties were feeling a lot of perceived pressure from the "rest of the world".

I didn't expect many cars to be coming into China from the US, but this sounded good:

"China has agreed to reduce and remove tariffs on cars coming into China from the U.S. Currently the tariff is 40 percent," Trump said on Twitter. On Saturday, Trump and Xi agreed to put a stop to their tit-for-tat tariffs row, which had roiled world markets for months. The Republican president called their agreement -- which Washington hopes will help close a yawning trade gap with the Asian giant and help protect US intellectual property -- an "incredible" deal."

China has flagrantly abused the Intellectual Property Rights of others, but now they are creating a lot of IP themselves, there's a better chance they may "see the light". 

If China buys "more US" to address the trade imbalance, does that mean they might buy "less OZ"? 

Signs of life in speccie world yesterday (especially junior mining)? - sorry, but just a couple. 

Last edited by peejayhercules: 04/12/18
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.