Short Term Trading Week Starting: 30 Nov, page-24

1. 1,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1023
    I would also like to apologize, Golden, for any indifference you might see here. Know that even some of our vehemently anti-conflict journalists are being fair and forthright. One NYT piece last week compared in your favor the recent inquiry against our recent naval soc situation where a creepy little dude is alleged to have hurt civilians and prisoners, was reported on by disgusted team members and then disciplined by superiors who knew the dangers and dishonor to our broader forces -- only to be relieved of much of that punishment by our lovely president. The author applauded your honest efforts. The warrior culture is something necessary but it needs to be tightly controlled by mature officers who understand the fragile interplay between fear, peer pressure, morality and justice; and the thin line between defense via offense and wanton brutality.

The psychological war being conducted against you right now is unfortunately going to be more high pitched than usual and you can guess my opinion of who is partly responsible for that. Like the warrior culture, psyops is traditionally reserved for those who pose us an existential threat. We're not supposed to use it on our own populations. That's a new thing in the free west and one reason why I say we came very close to an a serious problem a few weeks ago. The people behind the tweet you asked about are emboldened by our social media lead. They deserve to be corrected and it is good to know they will be.
    Last edited by Diver Dan: 01/12/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.