Short Term Trading Week Starting: 31 May, page-32

1. 1,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1023
    You are welcome @golden6, you can see if you agree with that 1930 area being pivotal by just drawing on your charts.  You will have fun.  I have not shown the daily profile series I noted because it is really wide, but will see if I can mush it all together to find the weekly and monthly points of control.  I was a bit struck by the fact that the breaks from balance are happening during the NY session.

PS: when you look at that GC 1930 area, consider it in the context of the three upcoming events as they relate to inflation and the Fed's balance sheet.  We could easily break through before those events, but when judging the staying power of a move above that level, scrutinize that news when considering whether a run above that retracement can take price eventually to all-time highs and keep in mind that treat of inflation will be a tailwind. It's sort of a paradox, because the Fed is expected to respond to that inflation, and an acute equity reaction sometimes this year can cause volatility in gold.  But if you're holding long term, then you're less concerned with knee-jerk moves.  Maybe that bull hedge there right now may count for something and provide support if we can get above.   And of course near term focus is on the trend line based from April that we are moving up and away from right now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.