short term trading week starting - 3rd sept

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    Weekly Fundamental and Technical Analysis Prospects - Week Starting 3rd Sep 2012 (No. 31)

Here’s this week’s FA and TA List. The newer items first and those carried forward from last week towards back of list (some of the items from last week have a time horizon of more that one week).
    Again, I have taken the liberty of adding some info where it was unclear or fixing typos where I came across them. Hope no one minds. I have reduced the list to 10 or so items again. If you would like me to change your item then please let me know and I will update and I will re-issue. Will open for submissions on next week’s list this Friday after market close. All market caps are undiluted and were correct at time of posting (Note: Max time for any entry on list will be 4 weeks after which time it will be removed).

Important Note: Remember just because it appears on the list does not necessarily mean it will rise in price... it may actually fall or do nothing. So it is critical that you perform detailed research on each stock first and make your own mind up to whether invest or not. I suggest you run a stop-loss at all times when trading/investing. How tight your stops are depends on your threshold to risk and financial pain. Lastly I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided as I do not have the time to research all the facts that have been provided. Best of Luck.!

Weekly Fundamental Analysis Prospects
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOC -..Oil/Gas, The latest announcement didn’t turn up a flow - but there was pressure there, suggesting there could still be oil in the ground: swabbing will continue Wednesday 5th so something might still turn up. The company still have two shallower zones with shows which the company believe are worth testing. http://hotcopper.com.au/announcements.asp?id=467265 While the market may not have like the latest results, its still game on and the huge price drop offers AOC at a huge discount imo (Mcap: $11.5m)
    [Possibly a positive follow up announcement to failed well]
    Spotted by:Adrunis84 (No Position Held)

AVB -.Copper Iron Ore Nickel in Brazil , Waiting on a number of potentially market moving announcements: 1) Vale extension/buy out. Receiving a min of $1m for extension but given that negotiations are still continuing, odds are increasing for a payout in the range of $10m-$40m. (My estimate is $20m+ to manage down expectations of the max). 2) Preliminary economic study which, apart from the numbers, should also outline the path to production to add credibility to the fact that AVB is going be a producer within the next few years. 3) Drilling results from Pedra Branca 4) JORC upgrade which hasn't moved the market in the past but given the market is more receptive to "risk" assets may get a better reaction in the current environment (Mcap: $72m)
    [Market Announcements expected , Vale Purchase and Prelim Economic Study]
    Spotted by: Amulet ( Position Held)

TNG -.TNG, with the completion of the Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) for its flagship 100%-owned Mount Peake Iron-Vanadium-Titanium Project in the Northern Territory, acquisition of the Mount Hardy Copper field, and the finalisation of a $13.4 million investment by the Jiangsu Eastern China Non-Ferrous Metals Investment Holding Co. Ltd (“ECE”). The PFS results show an increase in life-of-mine revenues and potential cash flows which build on and enhance all previous results from the Scoping Study and interim PFS completed in 2011.Upcoming drill program on some good copper targets south west of Mt Peak and at Mt Hardy.Plenty of cash so no danger of a raising. (Mcap: $32.9m)
    [Upcoming Drill Program]
    Spotted by: John435 (Position Held)

GCR - Copper explorer, Golden Cross Resources (ASX:GCR) is a mineral explorer with a copper-gold focus. Its major project is the Copper Hill copper-gold deposit at the Molong Project in central NSW. GCR also has many other high quality projects across Australia as well as prospective joint ventures, funded and managed by GCR’s partners. The Copper Hill (Constrained) Resource, (Lewis Mineral Resource Consulting, ASX announcement 13 Dec. 2011) of 153 million tonnes, at a cut-off grade of 0.2% copper and with average grades of 0.32% copper and 0.27g/t gold, contains 493,200 tonnes of copper and 1.33 million ounces of gold within a constrained, optimised open pit. news about their upcoming drill program at Burra some distance north of PEX's Mallee Bull discovery and also their ground surrounding PEX's Malle Bull may ignite further interest if PEX's assays for their massive sulphide find come in high (greater than 3.5% Cu.). (Mcap: $12.2m)
    [Nearology to PEX ]
    Spotted by: John435 (No Position Held)

RTR -. Copper Gold Explorer, The Paulsens South JV with Venture Minerals Ltd (Rumble earning 70%) consists of three granted exploration licences and four exploration licence applications covering 116 km2 of the Achaean to Proterozoic-aged Wyloo Dome located 150 km northwest of Paraburdoo. ??The project area is located in close proximity to the Paulsens Gold Mine operated by Northern Star Resources Ltd (ASX: NST) which produced 80,000 ounces of gold in 2011 at an average grade of 7.9 g/t. ?RC drilling program of 15 holes for 1,750m planned in September 2012. Expecting further announcements as to a start of drilling at their Paulsen's South Project which lies southeast along the fault from NST's Paulsen mine. Directors buying recently. (Mcap: $7m)
    [Announcements expected from drilling at Paulsens South]

SGQ -.Nickel. Significant new nickel target identified on recently acquired tenements at the East Laverton Property, Large ultramafic body (4,000 m x 1,500 m) has the potential to host nickel sulphide mineralisation Zone of secondary nickel enrichment near surface (incl. 24 m @ 0.54 % Ni) reflects high MgO (magnesium oxide) content of underlying fresh ultramafics announcements must be close for the nickel sulphide drilling program of their JV with BHP. Any decent assays and intervals would IMHO send this off on a similar trajectory to SIR given the limited number of shares on issue. There's been an obvious premium being paid for the long dated options SGQO ...perhaps more knowledgeable people than us HC folk see it as a good chance for strong returns. SGQ seems to be tightly held with not many for sale on the sell side (Mcap: $8.19m)
    [Awaiting Nickel Assays]

VRE -.Coal in Southern Kyrgyzstan, View Resources is an Australian-based exploration company that was initially focused on the exploration, evaluation and exploitation of nickel deposits and other minerals located in Western Australia. View recently acquired a 90% interest in the Sary Mogol and Bel Alma coal licences located in Southern Kyrgyzstan. In addition to its existing assets, the Company continues to actively pursue new projects in the resources sector, not only in Australia and Kyrgyzstan, but elsewhere in the world, with the hope of subsequently developing mining operations on those projects. Has had a recent capital raising, big drilling program in progress and 4 more rigs starting to drill now. Expect regular drilling results as the first results last week were very positive. (Mcap: $20.6m)
    [Expecting series of +ive drill results announcements]
    Spotted by: Malmoe (No Position Held)

AKK (Short) -.Oil/Gas. Austin Exploration is an Oil and Gas Company with assets in Australia and the United States. Austin has strategically shifted its core focus towards non-conventional shale exploration in the United States. The Company has now established a major presence in two of America’s most prolific oil and gas basins. Austin controls more than 11,000 acres in Colorado in the Niobrara Shale and over 5,000 acres in Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale and the Austin Chalk. Austin has producing oil and gas wells in Texas, Mississippi and Kentucky. Austin also has a highly prospective Oil and Gas Licence, PEL 105, in the Cooper Basin of South Australia. Recent announcement said there will be no further updates for 100 days on current drilling program. After current run from .019 to 026 i expect this to retract again to its previous levels. (Mcap: $23.9m)
    [Lack of announcements for 100 days may results in Loss of investor interest]

TXN - Oil/ Gas Producer, The Company has 7,196 Eagle Ford nett working interest acres under lease (93.3% WI in 7,712 acres). The 2012 Eagle Ford drilling program commenced with the Company’s fifth Eagle Ford well, the Peeler #1H, a lease commitment well, in May. The well reached its total depth of 14,795 ft on 28 May after drilling some 4,200 ft of horizontal section. The well was fracced in mid-July with 15 stages and as announced on 23 July the initial production rate was 1,072 bopd and 1.137 mmcfgpd (1,262 boepd). The fracture stimulation included perforating and fraccing the Austin Chalk and production will be from both Austin Chalk and Eagle Ford formations as the Austin Chalk directly overlies and is contiguous with the Eagle Ford Shale. Gas Producer. Company had a positive meeting on Friday and directors made the future of the company clearer. Is close to 12 months lows and drilling, Spud and announcements are due. (Mcap: $116m)
    [Spud announcements due]

ARM -..Three emerging Gold prospects •Historic shallow drilling at Division Well intersected visible gold with 1m at 6.5g/t the best result •Prospecting and rock-chip sampling at Nigels Gold indicates that the gold-rich zone is concentrated around margin of a heavily weathered and lateritised granite intrusive or domal structure •Follow-up is underway to define drill targets. NuFind Gold
    400m South of recently drilled Copper Prospect Prospecting and soil sampling have extended the shear-zone “corridor” to 2km strike (open to the SE) and 200m to 300m wide. Best rock chip to 25g/t Au. They have 3 emerging gold prospects that they will start drilling soon. Has a maket cap of 7.4 million but has over 12 million cash & own 40% of DSN. There Manganese project could also surprise soon. I think there is a lot of upside for ARM (Mcap: $7.4m)
    [Start of Drilling and plenty of cash]
    Spotted by: Riggers44 (Position Held)

NEU -.. Neuren Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies for brain injury, neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders and cancer. Neuren presently has two clinical-stage molecules, NNZ-2566 and Motiva®, in Phase 2 clinical trials largely funded by the US Army and the National Health and Medical Research Council, respectively. Through its subsidiary, Perseis Therapeutics Limited, Neuren is developing monoclonal antibodies against Trefoil Factors 1 and 3, proteins produced by cancer cells that are associated with cancer spread and reduced patient survival Some further trials just started. Tonne of cash on hand still. Ann's will be due and hopefully SP will start following past similarities that saw it run to 3.2c before retracing. Rhett syndrome pharma that has been picked as a runner by several brokers (Mcap: $27.4m)
    [Announcements on Trials and broker recommendations ]
    Spotted by: BrookeCE (Position Held)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weekly Technical Analysis Prospects

SIR - Copper Nickle,..Accumulation has been fairly evident the last few weeks with many signs of strength being given off. Particularly, I noticed how supply was drying up on the down bars and volume was very favourable on the upbars. The share price has formed an ascending triangle with a top of 149c (although I'd regard the entire 145-150c area as heavy resistance which needs to be cleared) and a base around 92c giving around a $2 target should it break upward (Mcap: $226m)
    Spotted by: Angin (Position Held)

CPZ -..Car Park Technologies, Seasonally strong month of September for the last 3 years of the current trend. Nice shake out of “stoppies” on Thursday with a solid bounce back on volume with Fridays close. May retreat to test the trend line (Intra day) but weekly history shows solid follow through with targets to the top of the channel. (Mcap: $50m)
    Spotted by: Pilsner (No Position Held)

GOA -.Graphite,.77% spike in Dec 2011 with relentless 10mth retrace all the way back to Fridays close on = historical low and confirmed double bottom. Recent break outside the retrace line in the last couple of weeks with lots of volume coming in from the bottom pickers. The last 6 monthly candles have all been red and one green one for September will do me just fine. Expect volume into the +50 millions to confirm the buy signal after the next close above .006c and the 10DEMA. (Mcap: $11.35m)

PAN -.Tested the June lows and support held. Starting to edge up. I'm only looking for around 20% on this one from an entry of around 53c, so not a contender for the winners' circle but a reasonable gain if it plays out, nonetheless.. (Mcap: $135m)
    Spotted by: (No Position Held)

PDZ -.Two recent Spikes have occurred and the latest has retraced back to the top of the Previous spike on reduced volume. The retrace appears to have bounced of the top of the previous spike as a support area. Buy on show of further support with Volume . . (Mcap: $30m)
    Spotted by: Freehold (No Position Held)

MOY -..Text book range break and subsequent spike with increased volume only to be followed with a near perfect retrace on reducing volume. Entry would be on break to new high with significant increase in volume. Break with poor volume will void the setup. (Mcap: $111m)
    Spotted by: (No Position Held)

RID -.AU in Ghana, Spike and retrace on large increased and consistent volume. Enter on further show of support with similar or greater volume. Expect there may be many subsequent spikes and retraces with this stock. (Mcap: $3m)
    Spotted by: Freehold (No Position Held)

LOM -.Has consolidated over the last 2 weeks after a stellar run on discovery of a large diamond. The Stock remains have in the retrace zone and the volume is reducing with indicates to me that the sellers are running out of steam... Entry on break above 1.6c with increased volume.. (Mcap: $35m)
    Spotted by: Freehold (Position Held)

COF - Confirmed breakout (first week of Aug) of a resistance line from the 2007 all time high. Currently resting from that recent move with a completed 50% retrace after a teaser move last week through the 200DEMA. Currently sits just under that line and looks set to push higher early next week, vacuum (7c gap) to fill when past next resistance at 50c (Mcap: $117m)

SIR - Looks to be forming a pennant or symmetrical triangle from the 17th. Pattern should finalise in the next couple of days. Failure to complete this pattern could see the formation of a descending wedge... (Mcap: $193m)
    Spotted by: Adrunis84 (No Position Held)

ESI (Short) - Downtrend from high on 10th April on decreasing volume. Next support appears to be 1.1/10. Unless volume picks up this stock should continue to trend down (Mcap: $24.1m) Click Here for Chart
    Spotted by: Adrunis84 (No Position Held)

ELM - Seems to have found support following the punch through resistance of the old TR. Well overdue for a move fundamentally and technically the broader potash sector appears to be on the verge of a major move, lagging the soaring prices in corn, wheat etc (Mcap: $194m)
    Spotted by: Angin (Position Held)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to Previous Weeks Lists

No.30: Short Term FA & TA Leads (27th - 31st Aug) - Click HERE

No.29: Short Term FA & TA Leads (20 - 24th Aug) - Click HERE

No.28: Short Term FA & TA Leads (13th - 17th Aug) - Click HERE

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.