Some thoughts on VEC & WFE and a general intro to you kind...

1. 345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Some thoughts on VEC & WFE and a general intro to you kind folks.

I've never posted here but breeze over it most days, I read thoroughly on the weekends, I think some give more away on a Friday night or Saturday arv, maybe after a few drinks . I've found a lot of you to be very helpful in my learning and thought process, often better than on actual hyped up company threads. Although I like to do things my way, which I'd say is little quirky half of the time. I try to ignore the hype & make decisions on fact but I do get sucked in sometimes as I'm sure most, especially newbies, do.

I don't often post at all, some of it not very useful, but doing ok at the minute, can't sleep, feel like writing & maybe someone can take something away from my experiences & decisions, both good and bad. I hope I don't bore you, waste your time or that you end up dumber after reading this. I promise, & I'll try next time to only post full and thorough research, if I do post at all.

BTW, I'm relatively new to all this, only a year and a half, still learning through experiences and even then my brain/decision making process doesn't work the best half the time, anxiety, depression, irregular sleep, impulse buying, gambling, general instability, meds, blah, blah, blah.

I come from a coal mining background and an electrician, I've believed in Cobalt, Lithium, Grphite, Copper, Manganese, Vanadium, gold, I.O, & then a little bit of Pot thrown in for good measure, for the most part that belief has now done me well, other than a few failures, RMX & 88e (for now) comes to mind, as does LIO, why I bought that I'll never know (my very first purchase of a massive $600.00).

I've found at times the speculation wave is worth riding regardless of whether they have anything substantial or even if it all seems like B.S, I hear the market is always right, and found even when it's wrong, as long as you can pick it right & if it's a crap asset get out before it comes crumbling down or the sentiment changes, even with the good prospects, or at least that's how it seems me. At the end of the day it's a game and those with the most money are pretty much in control, I feel we are only along for the ride & often led up the garden path; work them & it out, throw in a big chunk of psychology, learn how to research properly, the directors, history, market sentiment and the asset, technicals/charting (Wow, a lifelong mission). What could go wrong, you can't go wrong really, can you, naive me once thought, lol, yeah right.

I gave myself 5k, it went ok, watched the 5k thread, followed @minoil and others, then jumped in way over my head with 60k from equity in an almost paid off home loan (after 20 years) a little impulsive or ambitious yes, and then I proceeded to lose 25k+ over 6 months before I made a cent, I was ready to chuck it in, call it quits, dumb game, really didn't know what the hell I was doing anyway, but by some miracle I'm somewhat up now, sold some, put away taxes and paid back most of the home loan, & still ahead, mainly due to the last few months of bull market, I threw in an extra 60k from the home loan when I saw things start to go well, it made me physically ill and didn't help the mental state at all, I swore I'd only invest in the de-risked ones, PLS (bought at 38.5 sheer luck, in early Sept & prayed it wouldn't fall further), GXY (@ $2.40), also had a little from the start 1k @ 55c, before consolidation, it went down for a long while before going up too); before that it was all a dead set shocker, piddly little spec stocks with little to offer at the time, too much cash involved, most going backward or nowhere at all, I doubted the Pot stocks so missed the first run, was going to throw it all on the Ardea IPO at one stage early on but piked out (Doh, could have had 600k + 300k options at one stage from the 60k, if only I bought, sob story of my life it will be no doubt), bought CLA early on, still hold and now a success story for me & BUB but sold early on at small profit, bought VXR early on, had belief in it seen they rehashed the same stuff from 2012 or 15 or something from memory, and got tired of waiting and sold at .006 (dumb me), bought 88e seemed all the rage, bought and sold MUS, I sensed something was up when the first Rubies disappeared from the news.
    Oh, and I bought WFE, as well as a heap more, what better way to learn right. I had about 18 stocks in my great, ha ha, portfolio, only two of them FMG @ 6.85 & NCM @ 25.00 were major producers/bluechips & they both went bad, held for a while and sold, why I didn't pick RIO or BHP that I was once close to, contracted to both, I had seen Coal crash a few years before so gave it a miss even though it was doing ok now, I watched A2M for months but still didn't go for it even though my research & every part of me told me too I just didn't think it would keep going, even when the China deal happened didn't really know what that would mean.

Everything really went to shite around end of financial year time, from about May onward, tax loss dumping from the punters I heard. Myself, I dumped an 11k capital loss and carried it over to 2017/18 in the hope I'd make something this financial year, a big gamble as wouldn't ever have any other sort of capital gain to offset it against, I held out on the Tax return for as long as possible, maybe I could have changed it to a trading income loss offset against other income, if things didn't pick up, but maybe not the go long term, I wanted to just invest, not trade, I really didn't know what I was getting myself into or even what a spec stock was at first. So I was looking for ways to minimise the loss, read everything the ATO has to offer, oh, I've never had an accountant, done my own Tax for 30 years, sometimes lately not very well, was three years behind at one stage. I might need one soon, like a year or three ago, I don't do well with personal contact though, or having trust in others, I'm a control freak I'm told, & usually just keep it all to myself. Anyway, I know best anyway, dont I? Can probably do it better myself eh...Yep, thats me.

So I don't have much to do all day these days so I fixate (literally) on the news ticker & dozens of market depth actions, sales, scour through company histories, read reports, learn about Directors histories, & charts, then promptly forget everything I read within about 5 seconds flat, the memory retention of a dead cat, why the hell am I in this game anyway, every bad trait imaginable, but I like numbers and facts, when I can remember them. I have probably in the hundreds in my watchlists, have set up a heap of historic watchlists as well sorted by commodity with dollar values at time of research attached to them, I'd be doing pretty well if I picked some of the ones I was going to but also could be broke, more are up than down though, many 100, 200, or even a few 300, 400 or near 1000% percent. Pretty much all day, from 8am and half the night (half the time), I'm running multiple monitors, one 32" & one 24", a big arse server, two laptops & run the nbn, I now pay for ANZ pro with a usual delay of only 0.016 second, and get it free if I make 5 trades anyway, but I mostly watch.
    I know I've gone on too long, but oh well, as I said, I felt like writing, haven't had anyone else to talk to about any of this except a few over at CFE and nice to offload thoughts of some failures & wins & where I'm at now.

Anyway back to VEC & WFE,

I flicked through the VEC announcement a few weeks back (24/11),  & have a general interest in the JB & friends crew, so probably found or find most announcements before many out there do, but didn't read it in depth to the end, nor interpret it to be anything substantial, or of great interest, it was in no way connected to WFE at the time (as far as I knew, maybe the directors were already mates, but Sainty in Sydney, JB in Perth, so not sure on that), and at the time Aussie goldies (DEG, VXR, DGO, ARV etc) were copping a flogging after their 2, 5 & 10 bags (figured they had run their course, hype gone, conglomerates/rock processing apparently a problem, but who knows, read both sides, new processes etc). A few weeks earlier I was thinking/hoping WFE would pull an Aussie goldie or Cobalt out of their hat (As had AUZ) & I'd ride that wave from the start (I only got in to AUZ from 0.051, had a little of my capital back by then so thought I'd take a punt, traded it once @ about 5.8c, bought back in, done well and bailed @ 15c like a pro (or so I thought, pretty chuffed with myself that day, awesome day, really pulled me out of the doldrums). I wonder how many are still reading.

Anyway, VEC was already pushing 1000%+ up since March, figured I'd missed the boat anyway & it'd come crashing down soon, and to be honest I'd written JB off, 4CE seemed to be going down, volume had dropped, and after being involved with CFE/EUR for the past year and in the red, worse still I'd been listening to the HC posters slagging them out the whole time, which was getting to me and finally changed my sentiment quite a bit (lesson for newbies there) & I gave up & left the T Sage/JB saga behind (Doh, & forehead slap now), I'd been in support of them all year, I really believed in them & had a little bit of dough involved. I'd been watching JB, saw him having a go, getting in with government officials & landholders, even flying coach, and knew he had been in and out of the DRC, UK & China but was starting to think they were just having a lend of us (another forehead slap but still cautious), should have trusted my own research & opinions and not others out there in disgruntled ex holder or ulterior motive, hidden agenda land - BIG learning there. I think I was hitting Mr Negatory stage at the time too & was riding the Aussie Lithium & Cobalt wave anyway, so it wasn't at all bad at the time.

Anyway at the end the VEC announcement read as follows, I formatted bold the bits I should have paid closer attention to, JB was obviously getting smart and buttering up the local DRC chaps helping them out & building relationships:

The increased activities at the Maniema Gold Project have provided an opportunity to work with the local and neighbouring communities, with various projects including road repairs and maintenance, drilling pad preparation and the upgrade of the Company’s Exploration Camp facilities, which have provided employment opportunities with the local community.

New Project Evaluation Update
    In addition to the Company’s ongoing exploration and diamond drilling activities at the Maniema Gold Project, the Company has been in discussions with a number of parties regarding the potential acquisition of a number of advanced major resource projects.
    Over the past month members of the Company’s executive management team and representative of the Board have been in the DRC and Company completed technical due diligence site visits and meetings with key stakeholders. Detailed technical due diligence work is ongoing and negotiations on key commercial terms are being progressed.
    Executive management and advisors have returned to the DRC this week to further progress these discussions in Kinshasa.
    The Company will provide further updates on the progress of these negotiations and potential acquisition opportunities.

And now back to the possible WFE/VEC J.V or connections to projects:

VEC Trading Halt announcement reads as follows:

1. The trading halt is requested pending an announcement by the Company to the
    market of a project acquisition and strategic alliance agreement;
    2. It requests that the trading halt remain in place until the earlier of the time it makes
    an announcement to the market in relation to the acquisition and strategic
    alliance agreement and the commencement of normal trading on Thursday, 7
    December 2017;

I'm betting the strategic alliance mentioned above will be with an existing DRC entity as was 4CE, I feel it's the way it's done in the DRC or at least with JB & friends, the more pieces of the pie they may be able to tap into the better for them. I do wonder who actually owns the DRC based companies, or who is behind them now and who ultimately gets the cash from the acquisitions or buy ins.

Anyway, VEC comes out of halt this morning (Thurs) and WFE not until Friday, unless they announce tomorrow and come out early.

So I wonder whether WFE will get their own acquisition, no mention of any JV, partnership/strategic alliance in WFE announcement, maybe that's just a tactic, but not being a JV we would still need to CR, and what it will be. Gold, Cobalt, personally, I'm hoping for Lithium but I'm betting on gold, JB (through VEC) has quite a few prospects there and feel it might over commit VEC to keep them all. Maybe after the VEC announcement this morning it will all become clear what they have left to offer WFE. I just hope WFE don't get the leftovers. I'm feeling lucky atm though.

I'd also like to say RFN are out of halt today, cap raise & maybe a new Blockchain acquisition, or at least capital for blockchain integration into current platforms, if not now very soon me thinks. Sat on this for a while now, traded once early on, still holding hoping for the best.

And don't forget CKA are out of halt, finally with an offtake of some sort on Friday, will be interesting what comes with it. Still some churn to be had, Von knows much better than me there though, as do probably 100 other people. I'm sure some think I'm silly over there, I'm sure other long termers were onto me, played a bit dumb, had been watching since May, tried to throw in a bit of a warning and worries I was having at around mid 80's or so without spelling it out and risk scaring anyone too much, hey would hate to see anyone sell because of anything inexperienced me might say, only to see the price go up, I do get some things right though, I bailed before the big drop just shy of .08, writing was on the wall, it had hit a peak, someone reasonably big (think I know who) had been offloading for quite some time, punters were getting restless, PCI & Coking coal price forecasts were falling, well looked like it to me anyway, wasn't a great time to bargain, the stockpiles didn't look great either, seen better looking ROM coal a dozen times or more (but it was only the first batches, probably not the really good clean stuff from mid seam yet, and probably not the same as what went to prospective purchasers) but I saw it coming, lots of teething problems, probably lots more yet, spent hours on the charts and watched the trading real close for weeks. I'm sure there were others that knew what was going down too & I'm sure a lot existed clean well before it crashed. I hope everyone gets their money back, I know quite a few got stuck, a couple of which seemed like good people from around these parts.

Good too see RTG get up too, thought it would get settled, I wasn't on it tho, no spare cash to risk atm.

Can anyone tell me about the Christmas rally, is it over or are these drops last few days setting it up for a few nice wins prior to Santa. I might need to free up some cash. I guy I know who used to lecture on the market recons it can run right past Christmas. Maybe that was a long time ago though before the ASX even existed (er NSX?), but I think he still keeps up to date and should know more than me anyway.

Thank you all for your time, I wonder how many I managed not to bore to death. As said earlier I'll try to keep it to the point next time. If I can ever put together some logical data or worthwhile research that is.

Hope you all have a good day & A Merry Christmas, even those who don't believe in Santa.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.