Short Term Trading Week Starting: 5 Feb, page-206

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Well, I'm afraid to say that Syz slept through most of it after executing his plans. After losing electricity two hours into the market, and my move to the cafe didn't help much, I decided that there was no more to do but rest.

I liquidated AVZ mostly based on sovereign risk, and topped-up on MTC (again), which held up quite well to other Li today, giving up only 3%, compared to yesterday's eventual 24%. This was due to the bad news that Dynavolt (Chinese battery manufacturer) defaulting on their $3M investment, but the initial 50% fall, bounced back to regain half its losses, but not before I topped-up. I didn't quite get the bottom as I wasn't expecting the bounce. Today the other cornerstone investor released to the Chinese Exchange their intentions to stay the distance, so I couldn't help myself with another half price top-up using some AVZ funds. Sorry Free, but a newbies gotta do what a newbie rarely does.

Not withstanding the bad news yesterday and sell-off, MTC is showing it's resilience due to its strong credentials. Its ASX neighbours in Canada, especially SYA, not fairing so well, and GXY also well under it's 100 ema. However, if you glance at the chart you may not be so convinced, but as you all well know by now, Syz plays his own game. Worth reminding though that the 70% T20 holding makes for a nice register to work.

As for the remainder, AAJ coming back after an orchestrated push down on recent good drill results. I added more only to see some further price retreat, so good to see the 10% gain today. Re-entered into AMI, which I've been meaning to do for a week.

Slightly under on SPQ. Waiting for re-entry into LPI.

My new intersest -MNS - trading again tomorrow with CR and new aquisition to be announced. Looking forward to it and watching for entry.

So all in all I'm doing OK if I keep an optomistic view on my major conviction plays.

Tet holidays - Lunar New Year - began for me today too, so I'm feeling the love as the new culture invades my soul .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.