XAO 0.95% 7,970.8 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Week Starting: 5 Mar, page-270

1. 232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    DD your analysis is always much appreciated.

I believe however that we over analyse the markets on a short term basis which distorts our perception of what will happen in the medium to long term future.

I'm a free market trader who has done quite well over the last 30 years because I filter the short term media hype (BS) and the day to day fluctuations in the market to attempt to ascertain what will happen in the medium term.

I mainly trade derivatives with a two or three month expiry and just attempt to look for the trend that will present itself in that period.

Presently many potential traders have watched the markets rise and rise over the last extended bull market since the GFC. All of their sideline cash and the cash that has been taken off the table recently because of Trump's argy-bargy on tariffs will dive back into the market when the present uncertainty is unveiled.

I believe that the sustained bull market will continue for the foreseeable future based on the exceptional united global growth and elevated corporate earnings.

The market does not like uncertainty and the proposed tariffs are just becoming more transparent while I type with Trump's speech detailing exemptions being given to Mexico and Canada and other Countries that have paid their military way for the USA - hint Australia.

With the tariffs uncertainty off the table and the tariffs now being known to be put in place in fifteen days the market responded in a contrarian way with a 100 point increase in the DOW from the start and finish of Trump's speech.

Hopefully now without much further ado we can get on with this bull market until the next unforeseeable hiccup.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.