Short Term Trading Week Starting: 5th Sept, page-165

1. 4,703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Thanks for your kind words @qqqq - I hope you were not mistaking me with someone else however. I do try and keep a level head and look at all the sides of the story. Some may call me a cynic at times. I just try to be wary of the psychological biases of owning or not owning and self-confirmation of what you want to know.

I did come to the STT trading to hopefully get more of a better grasp of methodology on how to enter and know when to exit stocks, hopefully I can pick it up through following advice and posts here. One of the issues i find is that even with stocks such as XPE my posts or knowledge do not seem to translate into tradable profits. For example I should have taken the good run up from the 3s into the 9's/10s, but held on. One thing is emotion and listening to hot copper can be a detriment at times. If anything now I think I operate by listening to how much cheering is going on in a speccy on hot copper mums and dads to judge that the time to drop out is nearing haha. In the end looking back in hindsight the downtrend seems to pronounced from the 10s. However in person at the time the decision to cash out wasn't taken...

Quite often I seem to be missing out on ripper stocks, cashing out at the worse times or timing an entry in only to see a fall. It seems like I am missing one part of the puzzle and it has been frustrating and costly.... unfortunately I haven't been able to find a mentor IRL or electronically so while things feel so close to grasp I have never quite found that missing link between why I am always so close yet so far with my investments or short term trades. I'd like to think I have just been plain unlucky but I put it down to the failure to know better in terms of entering and exiting.

I think that is one of the hardest parts as a newbie. One does not necessarily know when they are making a good or bad decision given the circumstances. The common instance of cashing out only to see something rocket back up, or the converse where when you finally hold on you fail to protect your capital and the stock continues going down. a 10-15% loss then becomes 40%.

I guess if it was that easy that I could solve that question and consistently produce winners time after time then everyone would be doing it...hopefully I can contribute to discussions well and learn enough to get me consistently producing profits over losses one day.

You always hear about the painful, expensive losses people make before being successful. Hopefully not just a motivational story and one day I'll be making a net return than watching capital drain out each year.
    Last edited by SaberX: 06/09/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.