XAO 0.69% 7,952.3 all ordinaries

Thank you Free for your continued efforts with the tipping comp...

1. 1,883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    Thank you Free for your continued efforts with the tipping comp and this forum. Tireless, and over such a long period of time too.

Sorry I’ve been a bit AWOL. Running a startup is hard work..!

Re: Cobalt - I would not be surprised if it is replaced by an equivalent in the near term. Cost + ethical concerns will be, for want of a less punny phrase, the catalyst for it being dropped as a core component in next gen batteries. ‘#BloodCobalt’ will trend on Twitter and before you know it, the industry will pivot.

Or not. The truth is, it’s going to be hard to find an adequate replacement. Look past the fire risk, and Cobalt is a pretty critical (low cost, recyclable) ingredient in most current (heh) and proposed battery models.

Perhaps the tussle over Cobalt is a microscosmic representation of a much larger problem: Will our insatiable desire for a faster, longer-range, and more luxurious vehicle, over-ride our mandate to protect innocent lives and a fragile environment..?

As we marvel at our technological progress, and stare in awe at the deeply-hued paintjob of our new electric car, perhaps we’ll spot in the reflection, our own flawed humanity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.