XAO 0.81% 7,975.1 all ordinaries

@VVX565, I looked up recent one term Presidents, as you...

1. 837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    @VVX565,
    I looked up recent one term Presidents, as you mentioned that Trump cannot go another term, surely ------ can he?
    Since WW2 there have been only 3. Two of these presided over a time period when the US was having problems with the economy and high inflation. George Bush Snr. and Gerald Ford.
    Jimmy Carter was the third, and the defining event of his Presidency was the hostage crisis when staff were kidnapped from their embassy in Iran and held captive. Subsequently the rescue attempt was bungled quite badly.
    So history is on Trump's side if he can appear to be making the US prosperous. But he needs to take great care that we do not lose all the 2019 gains.
    @DD
    Thanks once again for your incisive analysis of the Tuesday market action. I watched with much interest, as the markets dipped to match the level of the breakout at the beginning of April. I noted that buying returned in the last half hour, but suspect that a bottom is not in yet.
    At some stage I will buy that market, but will need to see some convincing technical indicators, as well as some shift in fundamentals in relation to the trade war.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.