Short Term Trading Week Starting: 6 Nov, page-433

1. 6,197 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2723
    Hi Wardo

Welcome and glad people got something from the articles. Always try share stuff like that if reading and think some value to the STT (& wider HC comm).

Bluebird...sorry, no can do. I don't exist on any social media platform (except HC I guess)...no FB, no Snap, no Insta...not even a tinder social media ghost haha

Not know much about coding except surf a lot and see diff things.

I picked this thread up on whirlpool (google searched investorpa & java) as recalled seeing something bout that being poss part prob...that plus I think ASX wanted a fee as well

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2526624

The ASX has recently, within the last week or so, changed the way pages are delivered to your PC.

The bot detection system they have introduced effectively blocks simple page scraping of their site.

It now delivers a javascript page that needs to be decoded by javascript rather that plain old HTML.

So viewing the page in a browser works just fine as the browser decodes the javascript blob, but page scraping returns that javascript blob.

Also they detect the number of times a page is accessed in a period of time and send back a maintenance page if triggered.

Over the years a lot of people used the announcement page and other pages to get free info, but that has changed now and this here and my portfolio spreadsheets will not work until another source can be found.

I want to state that this is not encryption with a key that WP frowns on decoding, but a simple javascript function, so no bad stuff happening.

There is a bit of discussion here: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...se-enable-javascript-view-page-content-3.html but may not be that relevant in this case.

So the above is one possible reason that the site may be closing or they have been contacted by ASX and asked to stop.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.