short term trading week starting 8th july, page-51

1. 752 Posts.
    Just my view, i'm a fairly long time member, and regular poster on some stocks but do enjoy reading this forum. I figured that guys like john or whoever I might follow get set before they mention stocks and see that as fair enough, as glad to be getting insight from well researched people. However if there is a sense that there are a group of people getting together to discuss stocks then posting, it kind of defeats the purpose of having this forum, as I will feel that there is even more of a disadvantage than HFT are curently having. I suppose more importantly I am one of the people that drive the high views of the forum without posting, that's partly what makes this thread lively. of course the posts are. However if no one was reading the posts, less incentive to post. Take us out of the equation and you might be left with crickets. But hey the alternate view is that I am free riding on the back of all of your hard work and why should you give me info. But that's the choice of being on HC and not starting up a rival forum, otherwise you risk alienating what is a fairly collegiate feeling on the STT and DT threads. Everyone here to make money, learn about new stocks and give each other a helping hand. As Giz said that the influence of HC is much overstated. A friend is an editor of a speccy newsletter, his tips used to be able to move the market, not any more. There are much bigger influences at work, and the standard punter is at a much bigger disadvantage than they were at any time previously. So any sort of help we can give each other the better. Just my two cents worth.

cheer

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.