Short Term Trading Week Starting: 9 Jan, page-141

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    SPONSORED DATA MOBILE MESSAGING (SDMM), OUR ETHICAL OBLIGATIONS, AND TOOTHBRUSHES

There is a small article above from Tata posted by @Hatch1517. It follows on from what some of the CEO's in the recent MEF article, who were asked what they envision in 2017 as being the next tech trends: their response was mobile messaging.

Now let us add Syntonic into the mix.

Within their prospectus they used an example of sponsored data by health care providers. I have been giving this some thought and I think sponsored data mobile messaging - SDMM - (another acronym to remember, brought to you by the SYT Fanclub) - is going to become mainstream in both SD and MM.

We already have MM in our lives. Here is a quick list of who MM's me (other than my daughter asking for a loan; but wait until she can do it without using her own data!)

Energy company
    Doctor appointments
    Mid Wife appointment
    Telco
    Vehicle registration (l love this one as I have too many cars and never know which rego is due, as they're all the same models).

So, it is becoming common for MM to be incorporated into our lives from public utilities.

So why will SDMM become very successful? Let me be blunt: if you can't see this, then you have no vision! (and don't belong on the STT!)

Allow me one unique angle in answering it; but there will be others that we all may like to add to, or you can just read the article from Tata or the views of the big tech CEO's.
    http://know.tatacommunications.com/i/716676-mobile-messaging-exchange-whitepaper/5
    http://mobileecosystemforum.com/2017/01/05/whats-in-store-for-the-mobile-ecosystem-in-2017/ (posted on weekend thread)

When the data is free that supplies us with essential information, especially essential information that we are obliged to engage with because we are contractually bound to, either by law in the case of car rego, or morally by fiat of our health obligations, then the sponsored data itself becomes a tool to make the world a better place. It gains significant efficacy.

It becomes part of the ethical domain, like toothbrushes!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.