short term trading - week stating 16th apr, page-2

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5566
    Weekly Fundamental Analysis Prospects - Week Starting 16th April 2012 (No. 10)

Here’s this week’s FA List. The newer items first and those carried forward from last week towards back of list (some of the items from last week have a time horizon of more that one week).

Again, I have taken the liberty of adding some info where it was unclear or fixing typos where I came across them. Hope no one minds. I have reduced the list to 10 or so items again. If you would like me to change your item then please let me know and I will update and I will re-issue. Will open for submissions on next week’s list this Friday after market close. All market caps are undiluted and were correct at time of posting (Note: Max time for any entry on list will be 4 weeks after which time it will be removed).

Important Note: Remember just because it appears on the list does not necessarily mean it will rise in price... it may actually fall or do nothing. So it is critical that research it first and make your own mind up to invest or not. I suggest you run a stop-loss at all times when trading/investing. How tight your stops are depends on your threshold to risk and financial pain. Lastly I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided by Spotters as I do not have the time to research all the facts that have been provided. Best of Luck.!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EER - Thermal Coal Explorer in Qld, Focus is in the Eromanga Basin in Qld. Targeting 2bt thermal coal. Has maiden indicated Jorc of 469mt and inferred of 280mt of thermal coal. Doing rail study to use disused rail easement from Blackall to Jerico and EOI to access GVK/Hancock railway to proposed port at Abbot Point. Vastly undervalued to peers such as neighbour ASX:BND
    (Market Cap:$32.4m)
    [Jorc upgrade expected before end of April 2012]
    Spotted By: Freehold (Position Held)

MAD Oil/Gas in USA, - Expect reserve upgrade in 9/10ish days. Reserve upgrade was delayed due to include "significant" results from 2nd Groce well in Nash Salt Dome field -i.e. better than the 1st well in field.
    (Market Cap:$484m)
    Spotted By: Brickwalls (Position Unknown)

PRR - Australian Health Care Company. The Company is focused on technologies in the fields of cancer immunotherapy. Company lists as SEC ADR L2 script on NASDAQ as PRDM on Monday 16th - will see day's uptake just prior to ASX open Tuesday
    (Market Cap:$239m)
    Spotted By: Brickwalls (Position Unknown)

AKK - Austin’s first Eagle Ford well, Krueger #1, exceeds pre-drill expectations, flowing at 95 BOEPD on a 24 hour test. High oil content (approximately 75% oil) in the productive oil window of the Eagle Ford . Taylor Sand to be tested in April. Infrastructure being prepared at site for long term flow testing with production to commence in April. Potential for significant uplift in production from horizontal drilling and multi-stage fracture stimulation. 2 new vertical wells and 1 horizontal well to be drilled at Austin’s Eagle Ford Shale Project over coming months. Richard Cottee recent appt added some extra credibility to the already top notch management team. Recently completed CR at 2.9c sitting at 2.8c strong support. (Market Cap:$40m)
    [Testing of Taylor Sand to be performed in April]
    Spotted By: MyRules88 (No Position Held)

MNM - Coal, Brown Coal Explorer with target 1-2bt. current drill result show it may hit 2bt+ resource, current drill program will finish end of April/Early May with JORC around May/June. This coal is next to small town with rail infrastructure, and only 50km to export port. pre-JV agreement already signed, formal JV may announce after JORC or scope study or any time. Other projects 1.5m oz silver JORC, Mt Mullingan black coal (explore target 100-500mt) - LV Brown Coal (potential multi billion tonnes, no infrastructure yet)
    (Market Cap:$25.4 m)
    Spotted By: Nzak (Position Held)

LYC - First major rare earth producer outside China. Price fall due to protest in Malaysia, plant delay and falling in Rare Earth price over last 6 months. Currently, Malaysia plant almost finish (unofficial Malaysia news say 3 weeks to finish) and official announcement say first production in Q2. Plus weekly Rare Earth price has stopped falling since 2 weeks ago and legal action by protestors should be sorted out this month.. Enter in expectation for production in next 2 months. (Market Cap:$1769m)
    [Legal action with protestors may be resolved by end of month and production approaching]
    Spotted By: Nzak (Position Held)

ERJ - Clean Energy Company – Recycles waste industrial heat to create electricity using the Opcon Power box module generators. Commission the 1st Op con Powerbox generator in Australia in Carnarvon by end of month. This is a major milestone for the company and should be followed with s series of further rollouts. (Market Cap:$9.9m)
    [Ann of 1st Opcon Power box generator commissioning originally end of March now late April]
    Spotted By: Freehold (Position Held)

AEB - Bio-fuels from Algae. Has developed a high yield enclosed algae growth and harvesting system in Georgia USA. Has two new projects under way one in Australia and one in the Sri Lanka. Commission of the Australian bio-fuel reactor was delayed to late April (From March) due to recent heavy rains in the Nowra Region of NSW. (Market Cap:$106m)
    [Commissioning Algae to bio-fuel reactor in late April]
    Spotted By: Freehold (No Position Held)

AKM - Coking Coal Northern Mongolia, Jorc 330mt premium Coking Coal.
    Targeting the development of a 15 million tonne per annum ROM open pit mine at Ovoot
    The PFS is 2-4 weeks away which should see it gather momentum shortly. Examining use of Multiuser Railway to Moron. Rail to Moron is part of the 2008 – 2015 Development Plan for Khuvsgul Province. Gina R is onboard, you'd think she might be onto something.. (Market Cap:$198m)
    [Pre-Feasibility Study on Ovoot Coking Coal Project 2-4weeks]
    Spotted By: Exmouth79 (No Position Held)

AIW - Rare Earth Elements, Uranium, Lithium and Gold. in USA Arizona, Nevada New Mexico and Texas. AIW had fallen out of favour and management has left a lot to be desired in the past – but company has turned things around and moved off its SP lows. Management numbers trimmed recently - reducing overheads, and TSX listing put on hold to trim Costs. Quoting AIW on the REE “La Paz” targets…. “extremely positive attributes that many of its peers don't have: high tonnage, homogenous mineralization from surface to +40m, good mineralogy, no thorium or uranium issues (<10ppm U and Th), positive metallurgy, excellent site and infrastructure, low jurisdictional risk location in the USA.”. Has been forgotten of late – but I believe it is in with a good chance – with drill/test results overdue – and exposure to a nice mix of Lithium, REE, gold, uranium – all in the low risk country of the USA. (Market Cap: $4.5m)
    [La Paz Drill results overdue from Q1, White Picacho results looks like due very soon also]
    Spotted By: Bigshareshead (Position Held)

CXO - Copper Explorer, Sth. Australia: Copper found with zones of Iron Oxide Copper Gold) on the Yorke Peninsula in South Australia. Nearology to Rex Minerals Hillside Project, BHP’s Olympic Dam, OZ Mineral’s Prominent Hill and Carrapateena Project. Three out of three of CXO's first holes have visible copper mineralisation and IOCG alteration Geophys anomaly is 1600 x 300m (Market Cap: $7.6 m)
    [Drilling results expected from Yorke Peninsula]
    Spotted By: Martin Gifford (Position Held)

IDC - Gold in PNG & Cambodia (1.8 Million ounce JORC resource at 1.9g/t gold) Wins “Discovery of the Year” award at the inaugural Asia Mining Awards based on exploration success in Cambodia and Mt Kare Project in PNG. Next to major gold mine called Porgera (28Moz, producing 500,000oz/yr). IDC’s recently released assays include 12.6 m at 10.1 g/t & 104 g/t silver from 72.7m, and 9.7 m at 7.8 g/t gold & 587 g/t silver from 58m, for Mt Kare (Market Cap: $83m)
    [Announced high grade gold Mt Kare in PNG]
    Spotted By: John435 (Position Unknown)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weekly Technical Analysis Prospects - Week Starting 16th April 2012, (No. 7)

Here’s this week’s TA List. I have taken the liberty of adding some info where it was unclear or fixing typos where I came across them. Hope no one minds. I have reduced the list to 10 or so items again. All market caps are undiluted and were correct at time of posting. Note: Max time for any entry on list will be 4 weeks after which time it will be removed).

Important Note: Remember just because it appears on the list does not necessarily mean it will rise in price... it may actually fall or do nothing. So it is critical that research it first and make your own mind up to invest or not. I suggest you run a stop-loss at all times when trading/investing. How tight your stops are depends on your threshold to risk and financial pain. Lastly I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided by Spotters as I do not have the time to research all the facts that have been provided. Best of Luck.!

EER - (Thermal Coal - Eromanga Basin). Bullish reversal daily after retrace on possible CR. Enter on break above 0.23 with volume or wait until makes new high on volume. Has retraced back to 19c since the last advance to 0.3. Maybe start of next wave up.
    (Market Cap:$32.4m)
    Spotted By: Eemrw (No Position Held)

BTR - (Cu Explorer) Rallied in late Feb and has been in a slow retrace for a month since peak. Broke up through down trend channel on more drill results Friday 13th and closed above the channel. Wait for show of more support before entry & sell if close back inside the channel.
    (Market Cap:$153 m)

HOG - Gas in Ukraine, Consistent rally since Feb. Classic retrace on falling volume still inside trend channel and support entering. IMO an entry assuming support still exists and/or on break to new high short term high. (Market Cap:$68m)

JKA - (Oil/Gas Tunisia and Tanzania) Closed @ 0.19. The highest close after a 5 month consolidation. Heavy volume. OBV at the highest ever. Will likely test the all time high of 0.24 in a short time...Clear sky after that.
    (Market Cap:$44m)
    Spotted By: “3500” (Position unknown)

OBL - Stock has spiked strongly in the past couple of months and has retraced back to settle at the approximate 45-55% retracement level with falling volume. Some support has entered at this point showing a small rally. Entry on continued show of support but run a tight stop in case general market or sector continues to fall.
    (Market Cap:$28.1m)

CTP - (Oil/Gas Central Australia) Stock has entered a small range at the top of a spike. Entry at bottom of range and secondary entry on move above top of range with volume. Exit on fall below the range.(Market Cap:$145 m)

CBS -(Magnetite Brazil) Has recently had a ascending triangle formation (over 3 months) which has broken to the upside. So it has sprinted off its lows and presents a relatively safe entry point in my opinion. Wait for retrace from spike before entering on support.
    (Market Cap:$27.4m)
    Spotted By: 3500 (Position Held)

PLA - (Platinum) Recent strong rally appears to have temporarily exhausted the bulls and we now have a multi day retrace on decreasing volume showing that the sellers may now be running out of steam also. Entry on show of support and again on break to new high.
    Market Cap:$60m)

VRE - (Coal Kyrgyzstan on Chinese eastern border) Has retraced from recent spike with decreasing volume and “appears” to have exhausted the sellers. Wait for indication of stronger support before entry IMO.. (Market Cap:$24.7m)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.