Short term trading weekend 12 - 13 August 2023, page-29

1. 11,656 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 686
    We all doubt ourselves and our decisions. We can do all the research and then from left field a curve ball lands. Some directors and boards are no more than a lifestyle appointment. We all at some time or another get taken in. I've often wondered just how much influence different companies have over superfunds and brokers. I've certainly been taken in and lost on a couple.
    Years ago I basically had a very unpleasant experience with my superfund. I wanted to buy FMG, they were trading around the $4.00 mark, the superfund kept stating that the funds needed to buy either BHP or RIO. I was adamant that I wanted FMG. Cut a long story short, I got my wish after I threatened to close my account. His parting words to me, "don't come crying to us when you lose all your money ". Certainly a few sleepless nights followed. What if they were right and I was wrong. Still got those FMG shares and added more over the years. BHP & RIO have basically done nothing, BHP share price has even gone backwards. GS & UBS have stated time and again in their reports that lithium is a no go, put out reports stating the same, the a few days later we see notices where they have purchased shares in those same companies. Morals and ethics seem to fly out of the window were money is concerned, and the authorities turn a blind eye.
    Last year I spent 3 months in Europe and everywhere I looked all I kept seeing was EV cars, bikes, and scooters. Regos from all corners of Europe. That was last year, how big is the uptake this year???@valen1828 do you honestly believe that lithium batteries will be replaced by something very different in the next few years ?? I know FMG are trialing green hydrogen for trucks etc and having some success. Its going to save them an absolute fortune in fuel costs in their operations.
    Science and mining are totally alien to me, so why is it that every share I own is in the mining industry.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.