Short term trading weekend 12 - 13 August 2023, page-3

1. 11,459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 671
    Certainly remember deciding that I was going to start trading, even though knew nothing about the market. How hard can it be!!!
    My very first buy was MAT at 2.4c, They then consolidated to 6c per share. Someone was looking after me because I sold them for 50+c per share. My second one was EKM- why- because I liked the name and nobody was talking about them and they were less than 10c per share. I sold them for over 80c per share. They went on to become GOR, went down to just over 3c per share. Big mistake on my behalf. I was going to buy 100,000 shares but chickened out. You win some, you lose some.
    My next one was UNX- they have changed their name. Why did I buy them, because was having coffee in West Perth and two guys at the next table were talking about them. Sounded like they were either brokers or something to do with the company. Checked them out , and nothing they said appeared on the company announcement. Were trading just under 10c a share, so dived in, and a few months later sold them for just under 90c per share. As I said, somebody was looking after me, as I really had absolutely no idea what I was doing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.