Was exercising a reasonable amount a while ago and realised that...

1. 49 Posts.
    Was exercising a reasonable amount a while ago and realised that my "go to" snack was a bowl of cereal, as well as eating a lot of pasta etc ...I was ploughing through the stuff. It wasn't a weight issue but looking at the carbohydrate and sugar in the cereal especially , felt that this was not ideal . I haven't bothered with the science and biochemistry and have never been into diets as such, but when i did do a little reading that the food pyramid with carbohydrate at the bottom that I had grown up with and believed to be true was actually based on pretty flimsy science, that was enough for me. Stopped all rice, pasta , cereal, bread, potatoes and too much sugar. That was about 9 months ago. Funnily , even though it sounds a bit severe, I didnt miss any of those foods. It was more an issue of what to eat. Once got that sorted, i was surprised at how much better i have felt... more general energy . Looks like i'll be sticking with this for good now. Anyway, not an advertisement, just sharing something that seems to have worked for me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.