XAO 0.36% 8,022.7 all ordinaries

In Australia yesterday:XJO was up modestly yesterday +0.36% and...

1. 9,383 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4973

In Australia yesterday:

XJO was up modestly yesterday +0.36% and finished at a obvious flexion point, the confluence of the 5-Day and 50-Day EMAs. If the Jobs Report in America was poor for the market, we'd go down, if positive, we have a good chance of heading up into the zone above the 50-Day EMA. That's usually a good go-long sign.

In America overnight:

The American Jobs Report was favourable for the market.

Dow Jones +1.22%. SP500 +0.91%. Nasdaq +1%. Small Caps +1.43%.

Small Caps are now out-performing the market - that's a common seasonal factor.

SP500:

The chart shows an early "buy" signal on the DZRSI. "Buy" signals are imminent on DZStoch and MACD (3.10.16). Barring accidents, this looks set to go higher.

The elephant in the room is the dead-line for the Phase One China/American trade deal set for 15/12/19.

Commodities:

Commodities Index +0.64%. Base Metals +1.35%. Energy +0.91%. Gold -0.99%.

Those results are favourable for our resources stocks on Monday.

I keep reading optimistic predictions from the gold-bugs - but I still can't see reasons for that in the charts.

CNN's Fear and Greed Index:

FGI has fallen back out of the Extreme Fear Quadrant into the Fear Quadrant despite the American market being up the last three days which followed a big reversal day on Tuesday. That's promising for further upside movement, although any bad news could knock the needle down further.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.