Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 12-14 Jan, page-60

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    Who do I follow on HC ? No one actually ....sounds a bit arrogant doesn't it, so let me explain.

Well when I 1st started trading I did so in isolation, a vacuum almost, read some books did some trial and error (more of the latter) and developed over time my own software to find opportunities and trade them. Once all systems were up an running mostly successful and consistently for 5 years or so I stumbled over a stock site called HC. So although adding to knowledge via reading postings on a stock I don't really find opportunities on HC. Sometimes someone will mention something on the STT which may cause me to investigate a stock further but I always default to my unbias system output for clear view. It has served me well and I really like the independence it gives me.

Personally I think it adds a risk to follow someone on HC or twitter religiously anyway ... You become reliant on someone else's research which is not a good thing and adds a layer of risk.

As for the Otsanas, Steinpreis, ML ,others Etc Etc well they turn up in my regularly in my research and I note it but it is not the primary research point for trades. More a non core ancillary item. My systems will tell me within seconds some times of the changing market landscape before many pundits realize and many times before the STT group realise. Not a brag but fact.

The main problem with my system is as I get lazy and don't listen to the constant stream of updates and info it supplies me ...to my detriment occasionally. For instance when my bases are loaded and I'm not looking for new opportunities I sometimes don't switch it on during the day at all. Shakes head in self disgust. But instead only run updates at end of day.

PS: On twitter you are forced to follow ...so I selected the some STT folk that I respect the opinions for the most part but only intermittently look at it. As I find the all the info I need pretty much from my own software and HC.
    Last edited by Freehold: 13/01/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.