I am holding a stack of companies which have done CR's over the...

1. 7,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1974
    I am holding a stack of companies which have done CR's over the last coupe of months.. rolling short term pain... but at the end of the day it means debt free and sufficient cash. Weirdly they are nearly all trading below the CR price. In the lithium space PLS [I hold] did a big CR @ 30 cents and is still trading below that. Something to consider... there is not one kind of lithium market [just so also with nickel and graphite]... the battery tech is heading down the road of lithium hydroxide which is what the hard rock miners are producing.

Is the market going to keep rising?... maybe. But if it weakens, liquidity will be the first casualty... meaning most of us will get stuck in our positions and might not be able to get out. If that happens much better to be holding a stock which has enough cash. Holding positions in stocks which are trying to raise when people are only wanting to exit is not soothing for the nerves.

Interesting reaction with gold.

I almost lightened my position in GOR @ $1.21 early on Friday but decided it had much further to go... a few hours later it closed @ $1.13 [and instead of selling some I ended up buying more]. Then no sooner did the market close... ???... gold regained about half the losses. The sudden dive in PoG due to the resolution of the Trade War headlines was temporary... which means there is more going on with gold than the obvious worries.

Right at this moment... I think the most important factor is balance sheet strength.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.