Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 14 - 16 Aug, page-51

1. 11,459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 671
    Purchased shares in Barrick Gold. Interesting purchase from him, selling Goldman etc. He generally is a long term investor, tends to hold for years. Is he seeing dark clouds forming on the horizon ???The share price in our gold miners has been somewhat up and down, even when the gold price rose, they fell. I've got shares , have had for some time now, a producer, cashed up to the hilt, and have often thought, really should sell, sitting on a nice profit, but haven't been able to press that sell button. At the back and front of my mind, keep thinking what happens when the gov gravy train stops, and rents and mortgages need to be paid. What about all the credit debt that has accumulated ??? M/C, visa, APT etc etc. . I really don't know, just keeping an open mind.
    A few years ago was going for a walk, passed an open house for sale. Rep was on the pavement and asked if I wanted to have a look. Said as the area was close to the city and freeway to airport was in a prime location. Everything that was coming up for sale was being snatched up as within the next year or so there would be the start of a mining boom. Most of the sales were going to interstate buyers, and they were all professionals, engineers etc, just the first wave she said. Exactly whats happened. Sometimes it pays to just listen and take note. Never know where the info is going to come from. I declined on the offer to sell my home.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.