XAO 0.14% 8,013.8 all ordinaries

Hi 48,I was not recommending anything in my post, I was...

1. 35,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2863
    Hi 48,
    I was not recommending anything in my post, I was commenting on..... "The stock market has grown faster than property in the past" and giving my reasons why that comparison is often incorrect, not that you gave any evidence yourself.

Can I ask you what the peak of All Ords was, and when, and where is it now?
    This may give you a clue, especially on ASX last decade why your comment doesn't hold water, even with index re-balancing helping indexes look better. It still hasn't even re-gained the market peak.

Can you not understand how removing poor performers and replacing them with good performers regularily would affect an index based on market caps
    I would have thought that was fairly obvious.

Lets say you tracked 1000 properties, but every quarter you removed the bottom 5, and replaced them with 5 properties that were doing much better, maybe in different suburb or city, then used the results to get a better looking percentage gain...how would that be any different?

One thing in property which should be considered in same vain, would be renovation/remodel $ chucked at property. A true reflection of property would consider this too. This is as an investor tax deductible, along with many other expenses boosting gains vs limited claims against stock trading.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.