You seem like a very intelligent and decent guy DD, but I think...

1. 1,550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 224
    You seem like a very intelligent and decent guy DD, but I think we can agree to disagree on this one

The US has 800 military bases in more than 70 countries worldwide with flags flying high over the barracks. Our own Pine Gap facility has more than 50 underground levels and no Australian official has been permitted below about level 3. Is it coincidence that our own sitting PM Harold Holt had demanded full access to Pine Gap prior to his mysterious disappearance? Maybe... (He was denied and had ordered it's closure)

We can argue the semantics of what defines an empire, but as far as wars of conquest, overthrowing elected heads of state, assassinations, financial terrorism, global military domination etc nobody can touch the US. They know their patriotic people will not support the old (overt) empire model, so they roll with the modern version of 'problem, reaction, solution' run through the propaganda machine known as the mass media. I'm not saying I'd prefer the Chinese, Russian, British or German equivalent, not for a second, but I stand by the US being the modern substitute. If you are on the receiving end, I'm sure it's no more palatable than any other model.

Contrary to the media narrative, the ROW does not dislike the US because they 'hate their freedom' or are 'jealous', it is due to their exploitation of the vulnerable third world and their constant meddling in the affairs of other sovereign states, all under the banner of being the 'good guys' or 'self elected global police' when it's obvious, at the core, it is corporate greed, energy security, geopolitical control, and to put it bluntly, the obsession of Eisenhower's "military industrial complex" with bombing brown people under any narrative that will be swallowed at the time. Forgive me, but it leaves me with a little indigestion.

Sincere apologies to the STT guys scanning for a quick tip, my last post on the topic. BTW I do like BGS for Li under 50c (not held) and RSG for gold (held), but both more mid term trades.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.