Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 16-18 Feb, page-151

1. 1,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1023
    You know mate, I really must be frank with you. Your patronizing flattery is disingenuous. What you’re really saying is that I am gullible and have bought on to some jingoistic notions that are completely false. Please don’t tell me I’m a nice or intelligent guy and in the same breath tell me the USA has been controlled by heartless, domineering, self-indulgent killers who use the color of people’s skin to judge the value of their lives. The US fought a civil war and lost 600,000 Americans over just that issue. We also have done more for the cause of disenfranchised peoples of all colors than every other country put together. Your twisted take on our foreign policy is cookie cutter, and we used to it and I forgive it because many good people have been duped into it. We have lived very different lives - very different - but that does not excuse your ignorance. You may not realize it consciously, but if not for our inroads –present US facilities are on invitation by their host governments or on UN or NATO command – you would be eating sand fleas out of a clam shell on some desolate and radioactive beach in Darwin. And I think in your heart of hearts you know this. You say that visceral anti-Americanism is not borne of jealousy, but I never implied it was. Now if you continue to openly bash the USA I simply cannot go away softly. As an American Australian I have a self-imposed obligation to stand up against disinformation and I will continue to do so until people get so sick of hearing us that they shut down the thread or kick us off. As far as being nice, you have not seen me before my AM coffee fix.

Dan
    Last edited by Diver Dan: 20/02/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.