XAO 0.77% 8,209.2 all ordinaries

Sometimes, often in a illiquid stock, you will see what appears...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Sometimes, often in a illiquid stock, you will see what appears to be a very large volume spike.
    But when you calculate how much that spike is roughly worth, it might only be ~ $100,000 or less for example.
    That isn't really very much.......

No, I don't necessarily be large single buys, I mean that during an accumulation phase, you can see many millions that have potentially been invested. That is the sort of commitment that will probably be actively maintained.

If you are really on your last financial legs, why are you looking at speculative stocks ??
    (I mean, most are sub par overall at this end of the market, and won't make a dime......all we really do is play pass the parcel with them.....)
    Sure they are good fun, and are potentially quite profitable, but in my opinion they are not where you should place a large proportion of your net worth. They are for boosting of supercharging your overall portfolio IMO......

Don't trade for the sake of trading, often less is more in this game, educate yourself - the market will always be there, there is no hurry. Don't chase trades, let them come to you, and the best trades are often 'just screaming to be bought' at the time, and they usually start to work almost straight away. Find out where you best fit into the markets, and realise that the more effort you put in, the more benefit you will get out (this is not easy street, the market will quickly take your money if you are lazy,.....and if you just try to copy others in hindsight, you will probably not do very well in the long run...or at all). Find a good strategy that works for you.

As well as pure chart work, I also like to follow some of the better fundamental analysts on Hot Copper who I respect. I keep a watchlist of the stocks they discuss favourably, and if the chart agrees, I open a position. Or at other times I just watch these stocks week by week (checking them each Saturday, and noting where they are, the important levels, and what has happened recently), and wait for an opportune time for an entry.
    Many of these stocks are not micro and very small cap stocks.
    Most are larger small cap stocks, and smaller mid caps..
    I have found these type of stocks much more consistent to analyse, and to swing trade.

Yep, i am more visual as well, use it to you advantage.

I suggest you go to the charts forum, find the latest weekly charting thread, and work your way through all the principles I have links for in the opening post. Learn them off by heart, then if you are really interested and like this style of analysis, read through the Wyckoff thread in the education forum, and start asking some questions. (and if this is not the style for you, look through some other styles online, and find one which suits you and your personality best).

Finally, whatever style or strategy you adopt, learn it thoroughly, know all facets of it, and become a complete master at it if possible (what I mean is don't chop and change from method to method, learn one style properly, before changing to another).

cheers
    Last edited by Jako8557: 19/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.