Been dusting off the watchlists lately and re-looking at some...

1. 35,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2863
    Been dusting off the watchlists lately and re-looking at some old ones to update.

Uranium this arvo, had 19 in the list from a couple years ago and deleted 5 today, over 25% gone/dusted.

Will be adding Boscos MM one this weekend ;-) @bosco222

Watchlists very important part of my trading as invest heavily in sectors/ sector trends (both ST and LT themes).
    Like the turnarounds, either business or commodities.

Pre-empting moves more risky, but as you get more experience, its much more rewarding getting in earlier, even if too early sometimes.

Case in point with Lithium, took pilot position in PLS 28c, under cap raise, added 26.5c as wasn't bottom, and bought final as it broke through CR level on upside at 30c.
    This style of entering was always how Freehold liked to enter stocks and I agree.

This week a poster on the PLS tread was left stunned, after watching PLS through DEC, and then seeing it run off 26c for days/ then into mid, high 30s, finally got fomo and jumped in at open on the blowoff volume day after it left a gap at 36c, was asking what just happened as had bought 120k at 41c and it dropped to 35 within a few hours.
    at 41c, the stock had already run 50% + fast and left a gap day before.
    He had spent all his PLS in one go at ST top.

so I always say

Find you sector theme
    Trim down to your best 3-5 stocks (My watch lists are usually 15-35)
    Decide allocation of $ to sector, then weight into each stock.
    PILOT buy first, and be prepared to buy lower and higher in set amounts.
    Might take 4-5 trades to get your full amount, and your average in.

Often my final reason for buying into a sector is purely the banter (and pick up in positive banter/talk/sentiment) on HC in general on some particular business sector or commodity as that sentiment is what ultimately what investors end up focusing on and opening their wallets for...

With a few juniors doing a bag and the big guys putting on some 50%, Lithium and the STT calls were good.
    I didn't expect it to be so fast.

Good start to 2020.
    Make money whilst the market is positive.

Apart from the good start, I'm also interested in Gold climbing higher with DOW, and am becoming more wary of a correction in 2020 or other black swan.
    Not going to be rash or paranoid but will definitely be looking more closely for a top after spectacular bull run and liquidate into cash/gold.
    DOW 30k in sights? Presidential year.
    I think Freehold posted some stats once on the market and election years which must re-visit.

Trade carefully
    Last edited by Sector: 17/01/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.