Still new myself and only trading for 4 and a half years all...

1. 1,958 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Still new myself and only trading for 4 and a half years all mainly trying to learn the art of daytrading ..

If i was starting from scratch again, this is the very least i would want to know before risking my money;
    Obviously how to do research of a company (Fundamental Analysis)and at the very least understand market cap, cash flow, debt,cornerstone investors/Top 20 and amount of shares on issue .
    Learn charting (Technical Analysis)so you know the price action and history of the companies previous value.(Identifying if the share price is  in a uptrend or downtrend)
    Read company announcements twice ,looking for whats missing ,how they are trying to mislead me and even straight out lies.(yes hard to believe they are allowed to do this but they are)
    Understand  some basic global market movements and how they affect the Australian stock market /watch commodity prices.
    Watch for trends and learn how hype can affect a stocks share price movements.
    Hotcopper is a great tool for research and I wish i had learn't quicker who to trust on hotcopper  and not fall for the hype of the $1 party or this stocks SP is going to the moon etc, after reading hotcopper for 4 years i am still learning who to trust(takes a long time)and don't forget that just because someone is trustworthy does not mean there stock is going to the moon either.(its best doing your own research)
    Follow the Short Term Trading Thread for advice and ideas.

Then choose a trading style--  daytrades or short term/swing trades or long term investing. (daytrading is definitely a no no for newbies and the experienced for that matter)
    After doing all of the above and not before i then proceed to the asx trading game or IG markets to practice my trades with virtual money.

Or you could just jump straight into trading  and learn as you go, ultimately this is the only way you will really learn how to trade and  loose your money

PS--crypto is good for learning as you can use very small amount of $ to place a trade

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.