That is right, Golden, it is all you can do at times like this....

1. 1,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1023
    That is right, Golden, it is all you can do at times like this. From a short-term swing trading perspective, I don’t see a gold trade here. For instance, I would have been taking off positions one day after the break on the daily of the short-term April-based uptrend and the halfway retracement of the August 2020 to March 2021 trend.   As a medium-term participant,  and assuming we don't bounce from here, I will watch the next two trendlines most easily drawn on the weekly.  The secondary one is 1735 and primary one is right now at 1550, near another retracement that I find important about 1522 that is based on the run up from September 2018.  At that point one could argue technicals start to converge with fundamentals.  This would depend on your read of the macro environment and that is point of contention that will increase as we approach the June and July inflation readings.  And by the way, I would not pay attention to those who claim the government data is wrong, but I would pay attention to those who fear inflation as a self-fulfilling prophecy.  That is what has many thinking that fundamentals are fully engaged at current prices, but I don't see that -- so I can't trade that notion until technicals confirm.  Longer term participants will watch the monthly chart with the trendline that at present comes in about 1400.  At that theoretical juncture, it should be clear to all that we move into some more serious fundamental questions.  Those numbers will change as gold balances or does whatever it is going to do.  So, it is all about your time horizons.  And as you correctly point out above, we can't put too much into what any one person says.  We just go on what the market is telling us if we're a technical trader and what our research and common sense is telling us if we are more fundamental oriented.  It is all easier said than done and I do not want to sound glib about something that is so important.
    Last edited by Diver Dan: 19/06/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.