Last year I held 29 stocks... decided to concentrate my funds...

1. 7,385 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2018
    Last year I held 29 stocks... decided to concentrate my funds down to 5. With that I loaded up on 2 CAI and SGQ (equal sized positions)... SGQ is a major gamble (if it is what I think it could be it's a 50 bagger) but CAI is a definite 1 bag. The strategy was to have a real go at a long shot but have an equal weighted insurance bet to protect the downside.

Both stocks fell substantially (CAI 30% SGQ 60%) and swallowed me whole. CAI is coming good and will perform its duty... SGQ has continued to give me grief.

SGQ is holding prospective ground exploring for nickel. As time passed I unwound some of the position in SGQ and transferred the funds into CAI but the SGQ position is still meaty.

It was an experiment but it's not anything I would repeat. Several of the stocks I exited to set up the position doubled and tripled... end result is I have cost myself quite a bit.

Live and learn .... no regrets but better to go with birds in the hand and admire the ones in the bush from a safe distance.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.