Indeed @gypaetus. I know there are some functions in platforms...

1. 1,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1023
    Indeed @gypaetus.   I know there are some functions in platforms to do all kinds of different scaling, which is always an issue for me when I overlay one product on another, but there was sure a lot of energy being put into BTC and you have to assume it was at the expense of the precious metals.

I like what you said about not using money you can't afford to lose.   For many of us, that severely restricts what we can do, but the consequences of and likelihood of sustaining severe damage is too great.  And what you and others said about the bull market syndrome.  Up and up in a stairstep fashion for ages and then the tone changes, but before your brain can realize the tone change - and it is a difficult mental transition to make - you fritter away the bulk of what was relatively easy to achieve.   This is particularly true with derivatives, because the notional value of futures and the extrinsic value of out of the money options is so high relative to your capital outlay.  Same with leveraged ETFs, like the ones that derive from VX futures.  I suppose that's why that hedge fund guy was harping about a meltdown on Twitter this past week, noting the extraordinary nature of the meme stock craze.  As you know, this involves a lot of options use by people who understand the leverage going up, but don't yet have a visceral feel for its reverse scenario.  Once our nervous systems are acclimated to that feeling, we may have damaged our accounts too much to learn more.  If you work hard, charting, thinking, worrying for years just to learn how to break even, it is kind of irritating to see punks talkin about call options on a stock that doesn't really have any value.  I mean, on the one hand, you want to advise -- but the arrogance of some makes it easy to go @Malaga Norse mode on they ignint butts.  You all are on fire this weekend, so much stuff to consider.
    Last edited by Diver Dan: 20/06/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.