Of course we all have drawdowns Rick. If u want to talk about...

1. 7,033 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    Of course we all have drawdowns Rick. If u want to talk about losses try 60k in VIV and 30k now in IGE. All gone no hope of return.

Partly why I kept my advice to new traders so brief. Doesnt matter how much u read, hear, it all flies out the window in the heat of battle.You have to play to learn your own tolerances and psyche and find what suits you. You have to have lessons drilled into you with hard losses. Sometimes several times, if you are a little slow like me. You have to go through that period and learn to be calm under fire and to remove the emotions from your trading.

Perhaps if I had to give another piece of advice to new traders it is that all blue sky balloons deflate over time ,sometimes violently.

I cant really help you Rick except to say that it seems from your postings that u are or want to be a momentum trader. You seem to post charts for stocks that are already moving. I know a lot do well with that approach but i have always found that kind of trade crowded and time consuming. ( I am lazy and really hate sitting in front of screens pressing refresh). Go looking under rocks instead.

Of all the great investors that have written books , I tend to like Lynch the best. He is practical, sensible and I think most of his premises can be applied to small caps as well as bigger ones. Maybe some gems amogst this collection of aphorisms will appeal:https://novelinvestor.com/quote-author/peter-lynch/

I also think it is telling that internal reasearch during Lynch's record run of fund returns showed that 75% of investors in the fund managed to lose money
    , through their own actions moving money in and out of the fund.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.