Good morning everyone, Long term HC member, short term reader of...

1. 5,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2774
    Good morning everyone,

Long term HC member, short term reader of the STT thread - where have you been all my life? Trying to get a start in trading. Learning a massive amount, better late than never! Thanks to you all for your excellent contributions, depth of knowledge and willingness to share and help educate others.

Don't know if this is the right thread, but thought I'd ask anyway. Am across the ditch, and trying to find a good online trading platform. Are there any fellow travelers who can help? ASB Securities/ANZ are very basic and not at all suited to real-time trading - time delays, no real-time depth, limited to first ten buy/sell, no icebergs or live course of trades, updates/news delayed etc. IRESS is here but costs nearly NZ$1,000 pm, so not affordable. Halifax do a platform, though not sure about it. None of the mainstream Aussie platforms are available without and IRD number/residency.

I'm only interested in ASX at this stage, no CFDs.

Apologies in advance if I'm wasting people's time, but if anyone can help with advice, point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.