Hi @DazedandconfusedI have been doing a similar thing regarding...

1. 7,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Hi @Dazedandconfused
    I have been doing a similar thing regarding free carry. Every time I mention this phrase someone in the DTT shouts me down saying there is no such thing lol. The way I see it, if I hold stock that has cost me nothing or I have taken more from it that I have spent on it and still hold some, then I am carrying it for free.
    I have been able to do do this by buying the dips and selling near the highs.
    So far I have MSB, PFT, SHH, TMZ and PSL (due to cap raise) and soon to be CNB after cap raise.
    What I do find though is the when for instance I buy more of a free carried stock it brings my average cost way up. For instance, I am holding 5000 PFT free carried, I bought 2000 more at 84, my average according to IG is now 20, so all of a sudden my profit goes right down.
    I have also begun to do a scan each weekend on some mid caps for the last six weeks. Each week has turned up between 11 and 17 stocks. I have put in a theoretical 2k into each one buying on open on Monday morning and selling on Friday at close. Each week has shown a minimum 5% return after brokerage. Each week turns up the same codes plus or minus a couple which I add or sell as per the scan. So far there are are 17 stocks in the list showing a return of 19.8% over the six weeks. If trading these for real this return would be even better as I would have got in lower, applied stops, taken part profit etc.
    It has been a very enlightening exercise, and each week I wish I had done it for real.
    My current issue is that I could do this for real with just 1k in each stock, but would have to sell some of my current stocks to be able to do so and most of my stocks are showing a profit so do not want to sell!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.