Hi folks, Not sure if there is a discussion set for this weekend...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hi folks,

Not sure if there is a discussion set for this weekend yet but how about this?
    A few of you earlier were mentioning about spouses/significant others and their reaction to your trading.
    How do you cope with the loneliness of trading? Or, do you have someone in your life that you can share the ups and downs with?

Please allow me to be a bit provocative
    From what I've read on this thread and the DT one, it seems that most of you are:
    1 - men
    2 - aged 25-45
    3 - obsessives

Blokes generally aren't too good at sharing. Seems like most blokes in relationships don't involve the other half in their trading activities. Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

I'm lucky. My wife encouraged me to start DTing. She thought it would be good for my mental health (yep, sounds strange but probably true). I don't DT anymore, more ST for the time being, but we both have our own individual dabbles in the market and talk over what's happened at the end of each day.
    I do wonder sometimes how many of you solo traders out there are coping psychologically? All models and bottles when things are going well - what about the bad times? If you're in a relationship, what happens then?
    Being a gun trader doesn't make you a better person, just a better capitalist.
    You young dudes will be rolling your eyes about now, I expect. Maybe some of you middle-aged guys who have been around the traps a bit might care to share?
    Personally, when I was a DTer, relying on making money from trading to pay the bills, I found it terribly stressful. Now that I have a "proper job", albeit a casual one, the pressure is off somewhat and I can start trying to accumulate some money. I'm a better husband/father as well.
    I know from reading this thread for some time now that there are folks here who have some genuine humility and honesty. Would be interesting to find out what you think about this.
    Avagoodweegend all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.