XAO 0.35% 8,039.9 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 19-22 Apr, page-23

1. 10,921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 897
    @Beard_of_Zeus it looks like your tip.. EMP is beginning to weigh anchor. its had some steady, but decent buys recently, without any exuberance, so, its probably still under watch. It was heartening to see the buy side build dramatically, yet, the sell side hasnt seen anyone move in.
    The only major seller risk is the two outed directors, however, the initial bid for the Judith project was under their watch, so they are acutely aware of its value, so i dont think they will be a threat, though Vaz may be in need to sell if he needs cash.
    The need for capital is a risk, though minor, i think. The new guys are big holders and wont want to be diluted any more than they can help....in fact, i think they run a tight ship, and would only raise the bare minimum while working on negotiations for the Judith project. A big capital source will be the oppies, with the prospect of injecting $2.5m @.005 in the not too distant future. The next leg up in SP will be to .005, so the oppies will then be elevated to a more important level.

Due to the timing of the board change, i dont expect the quarterly to reveal too much, however, any additional commentary will be of great interest.
    Already underway, would be the reengaging of negotiations with prospective suitors. And, i'm going to stick my neck out and suggest they may try to ask for an extension of time in regard to drilling commitments. This would allow negotiations to continue without any pressure of a deadline, given that any drilling would need up to 12 months leadtime in planning.
    Also, i wonder if there may be some action with the other projects, Backreef, and particularly, Cyrano, which is a small oil prospect off the WA coast in a prime oil region. Both projects have been left on the backburner, but the new board have come out swinging, so, these projects could be dusted off for a closer scrute.
    Zeus, i think this one has a way to go yet, with news to kick it along. most will know my commitment to EMP, its one of my biggest convictions, and fits the bill to join other stocks that have been my "high conviction" plays, of which it seems, happen but once a year, following on from RLC( two years back?) and WFE(early last year)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.