I think the point you were trying to make relies on the...

1. 630 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I think the point you were trying to make relies on the assumption that the vast majority of posts are a person's genuine expression of their point of view but that's really not the case. I do agree there is merit in observing the genuine opinion and sentiment of a large variety of people and I think you could categorise people into two groups:

1. People with more, or at least different, information than you which may help you to adjust your opinion to something that is closer to accurate (because you will always be at least partially wrong).
    2. People who have no new information to offer you other than their own sentiment of the stock, sector or market as a whole. This is useful when trying to figure out how a given stock or sector may perform in the current market.

"I have noone on ignore, never report anyone and never intend to
    I value free expression, everyone is in a slightly different place in life, and who the hell are you to judge how others behave?"

There's plenty of stock threads where most of the posts are not the genuine opinion of the poster, it is not a form of self expression. Incessant ramping (up or down), relentless low-content posts and many people just mirroring the opinions of others and patting each other on the back. There's really no value in scrolling through all that, in fact scrolling through numerous "opinions" of people with a hidden agenda is of negative value and likely to consolidate a confirmation bias you already have.

All that said, I rarely use the ignore function, I just don't venture onto the stock threads all that often as it's a waste of time. STT, XSO and XEC threads are the only ones I read regularly. All other research is through company announcements, articles, watching price action, etc.
    Last edited by Christophfff: 04/02/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.