XAO 0.50% 8,498.7 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 2 - 4th Mar, page-112

1. 337 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 102
    Hey man,

Coin market wise I would wait until after the G20 next month (April 20 something) But they have crypto currencies on their discussion list and what ever they decide will effect the coin market big time. Having said this I also think it is a good idea to be ready because if they are for crypto currencies the prices will go through the roof. And just like anything stock/coin you want to get in on the low. So I think that the coin market will go down a bit before the G20 because of uncertainty.

Now as for currencies, IMO bitcoin is dead because it is a first gen coin and there are better coins out there with actually companies behind them that are actually worth something. For instance the company behind Ripple is trying to take out swift the company that transfers all our money between banks. The problem with swift is that it takes 2-3 days to move the money. Ripple is taking that time from days to seconds, so far they have 150 banks that use their system America express and Westpac are two that come to mind. And guess what currency they use to transfer it! Ripple! They have also hinted that once they get enough banks on board they are wanting to bring the conversation back around to their currency. Also Ripple is controlled by one company, so governments won't have as much problem with it IMO because they can track it easier because all transfers go through the company. I haven't brought any yet still waiting for my account with bitstamp and also waiting for the low that I think will come from the G20. Another currencies is Stellar haven't looked to much into it, but really similar to ripple.

But basically I think that coins that cannot be tracked and are being used for illegal activities are going to be dead in a couple of years. Why? because governments don't like it! and when they don't like something they try and kill it. This is all in my opinion of course and I would encourage you to do your own research on these things as I would never spend money on someone else research just in case it's wrong. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Phil T: 03/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.