XAO 0.19% 8,247.1 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 2 - 4th Mar, page-144

1. 5,536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    PJ I am absolutely woeful at trading tbh mainly due to lack of interest now rather than lack of experience. Fell out of love with the game to coin a phrase and don’t trade for myself since Jan 4. If I had the last 20 years again I would probably make around 5 trades a year or less and only in years that my extensive experience in certain sectors give me a significant advantage over at least 99% of the pack, get in early to a few top prospects and go large. This strategy would have seen me trading once every six years on average for about 18 months per cycle then kick back and really harvest mindbending % gains. Over trading is the pit fall of those learning the craft. After nearly 25 years I am average at best but the fact I recognise this is my greatest asset.
    Returning to the market right as gold turned bull while having a good knowledge of WA goldfields assets allowed me to make some easy money and I know I can’t replicate that again so the cues back in the rack. Buying coys with good assets at peak pessimism makes the most dough. Even if I knew the next asset class to go I don’t know the companies that would benefit most.
    Improve your weaknesses and exploit your strengths.
    Off again for a while shortly. GBR and HLX have a prospect each that hasn’t been drilled yet. One I have been waiting for since 2004 and the other 1996. Not saying either of the prospects being drilled are a certainty by any stretch but I think some assets seem to sit around for decades until they can be integrated to the right coy with the right share structure and most obvious those in the know with a big shareholding.
    Good luck with your trading and most important of all listen to your gut, going against this is can be just plain silly and will keep you in the game more often than the best rules ever devised.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.