XAO 0.06% 8,194.8 all ordinaries

Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 2 - 4th Mar, page-16

1. 1,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    well feb was the first month i've gone backwards since earlier last year. got within about 1% of breaking even then it all fell apart.

the second day of the big falls earlier in feb i cut a fair few positions and bought into a bear fund to hedge the remainders until the dust settled and the direction was clearer to me. I kept it for 3.5 weeks until it started itching too much and sold it 3 days ago. i successfully picked the tops and bottoms of that 3 weeks. It pretty much wiped out all gains and then some that i made in feb. in hindsight if i had just held on through the fall id pretty much be back to square.

One positive that has come from bloody February is that i cut all my stocks that i wasn't whole heartedly sold on. Complacency crept in over the bull spec market we had second half of last year and i had some dog poo on my shoe that needed washing. Secondly since i had less stocks to concentrate on i noticed that a few of them were playing funny buggers. They would be sold right down to support then instantly have buy bids above that last price and sellers higher. I don't know if it was coincidence, bots, or a broker just playing around but i started putting in bids right on support then selling them just below resistance to catch a free ride off whoever/whatever was playing around with the SP. It's a new trick i hadn't tried before and i was only making 5-10% each time but they add up in the end so i suppose thats one positive from february. Has anyone noticed this type of behaviour before? both of the stocks that i noticed this happening are reasonably illiquid stocks in strong uptrends and pretty low HC action. As in not too much hype.

anyway hope others had a better feb.

thought id have a ramble while waiting for the babysitter to show up.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.