XAO 0.17% 8,476.8 all ordinaries

well feb was the first month i've gone backwards since earlier...

1. 1,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    well feb was the first month i've gone backwards since earlier last year. got within about 1% of breaking even then it all fell apart.

the second day of the big falls earlier in feb i cut a fair few positions and bought into a bear fund to hedge the remainders until the dust settled and the direction was clearer to me. I kept it for 3.5 weeks until it started itching too much and sold it 3 days ago. i successfully picked the tops and bottoms of that 3 weeks. It pretty much wiped out all gains and then some that i made in feb. in hindsight if i had just held on through the fall id pretty much be back to square.

One positive that has come from bloody February is that i cut all my stocks that i wasn't whole heartedly sold on. Complacency crept in over the bull spec market we had second half of last year and i had some dog poo on my shoe that needed washing. Secondly since i had less stocks to concentrate on i noticed that a few of them were playing funny buggers. They would be sold right down to support then instantly have buy bids above that last price and sellers higher. I don't know if it was coincidence, bots, or a broker just playing around but i started putting in bids right on support then selling them just below resistance to catch a free ride off whoever/whatever was playing around with the SP. It's a new trick i hadn't tried before and i was only making 5-10% each time but they add up in the end so i suppose thats one positive from february. Has anyone noticed this type of behaviour before? both of the stocks that i noticed this happening are reasonably illiquid stocks in strong uptrends and pretty low HC action. As in not too much hype.

anyway hope others had a better feb.

thought id have a ramble while waiting for the babysitter to show up.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.